Gave the car a bit of a clean for Inters

Lol have you been having fun with the exhaust pipe again Karl :moa:

Chris.
nah i learnt my lesson, just ends in a right mess that
P3160097.jpg

....Paul what do you use on your Alcantara seats as we have the same interior, is it a foam based product or do you use Swissvax.

Chris.

I use either a dilute solution of Megs APC or Race Glaze Alcantara cleaner... and Race Glaze leather balm... plus of course the usual debobbler

<tuffty/>

Think il give that Race Glaze a shot iv heard a few people go on about it and I'm running low on my foaming stuff, it also always makes me edgy wetting my seats in case they go wrong.

Karl is that exhaust lube on your fingers lol.

Chris.

I have the same steering lock lol, yes that's all I noticed...... All the lads at work bully me saying it ruins the look of car,

I say I'd rather have my car looking crap , than some Chav nicking it looking fab lol

Looks good mate

It wont stop anyone. Pretty much need the keys or a flatbed to steal anything post 2000.

Car looks good.

It wont stop anyone. Pretty much need the keys or a flatbed to steal anything post 2000.

Car looks good.

Cheers Andy I still have bits to clean on it lol, and yeah I agree the Disklock wont stop anyone but its just another visual aid to help deter people. If they want your car they will take it whatever you do I just feel every little helps that's all.

Chris.

Oh man! I've spent 5 hours on the car today and only got it washed, did front two wheels, calipers, and clayed 1 panel!

This was the first time id washed the TT wheels since I bought them in April. I thought they were matt black but after an hour per wheel using "wonder wheels" and they turned out to be anthracite!

Goin to get cracking on the car at 8am tomorrow as I'm off work. It's going to be a hard slog to get it clayed, polished, and interior done, then packed and up to the campsite for 17:30 :faint:

Anyway, a few pics.

749abbbd.jpg

After a wash she was back in the garage and dried:

c6bfd33f.jpg

Wheels off:

03d68218.jpg

Calipers cleaned:

4de34327.jpg

Oh look a grey wheel, not black!

ed0c671c.jpg

All together. Will tyre shine tomorrow too.

aa7ebed6.jpg
Westy how comes you've got TT alloys not orginal S3? pal.

Cheers Andy I still have bits to clean on it lol, and yeah I agree the Disklock wont stop anyone but its just another visual aid to help deter people. If they want your car they will take it whatever you do I just feel every little helps that's all.

Chris.

Kinda disagree mate, makes it look more like it's worth nicking. Anyway won't hijack yr tread onto steering locks :) Wish I was going to inters

Lucky you. It's raining now. I want to at least clean my wheels so they are free off the stubborn brake dust. Will I look like a **** washing my wheels in the rain? Lol

Pfffft typical it's chucking it down here I managed to clean my seats at 6:00 am this morni g before it started to rain so at least that's done now. Off to sainsburys in a bit for some drinky and last min essentials.

Chris

I've just finished. 5 hours yesterday and 5 hours today and I'm still not happy. Car needs a full resort really.

Cars all packed, just need to clean myself now then head off to campsite about 4ish

All ready for inters tomorrow!

7961659f.jpg

783eaa09.jpg

0140f405.jpg

cabf8f42.jpg

72559876.jpg

678b9acb.jpg

78226d89.jpg

I must say Dane black really does look stunning when clean and what an interesting t-shirt :yes:

I must say Dane black really does look stunning when clean and what an interesting t-shirt :yes:
Thanks bud
I love it when it's clean, it really comes up well.

Hoping mine will get washed today (a.k.a I hope it rains). Not too fussed really, just as long as no one starts telling me how long they spent cleaning their car!

Nice Dane, are you doing any runs?

Cheers Dave, Ill do a few but I'm not launching, can't afford another clutch lol

Doc, unfortunate reflection you cheeky ****** ;)

After 2 days of mostly faffing about (and playing with RS4 front bumpers :thumbsup:) she is done...

Wheels off to clean and seal (Meg wheel brightner and Poorboys wheel sealant)... and yes I did clean and detail (303 Aerospace protectant) under the arches :)
CRW_4594.jpg

Engine bay (303 Aerospace protectant)...
CRW_4593.jpg

Interior... (Poorboys natural looking dressing, Race Glaze leather balm and Race Glaze Alcantara cleaner)
CRW_4591.jpg

...and after a snow foam and wash, a full machine polish using 3M Ultrafina SE and 3M blue waffle pads... topped off with Jeffs Werkstat Acrylic...
CRW_4589.jpg

CRW_4596.jpg

I ache all over now :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Sandra
Car looking very good Paul. Hope the weather is going to be ok for you all. Will expect lots of pics. Have fun guys. :) x

Hmm, not bad.

Only joking Paul, looks fantastic. Just noticed you have "full length" rubber seal strips above the headlights as opposed to the short ones - did you change them for a reason?

Hmm, not bad.

Only joking Paul, looks fantastic. Just noticed you have "full length" rubber seal strips above the headlights as opposed to the short ones - did you change them for a reason?

Old ones fell off while Blade were cocking up the warranty paint work on the rain channels.... the long ones are what was listed for the car (apparently)... I was gonna cut them but never got around to it

<tyffty/>