Strange one for you guys

Paradox1

Reaction score
ok ive had a slight hesitation problem for about a year now. only on light throttle from 2k & below. On tuesday it was P1ssing down with rain and i noticed the car was surging a lot more on part throttle. got the the point where I put it in seconds, it surged up to 2k then the car stalled on me. This happend twice that day. Now it dry weather, its like it gone back to normal. My friends who had a saab Turbo said his used to do the same thing in heavy rain. I got it scanned and nothing was found. Doing my head in

:superman: Sounds like you have a problem with the engine or something connected to it!

Yeah somethings deffy not right but where do I start?

n75 is only a year old.
Forge actuator a Year old
PCV bypassed
N249 Bypassed
Checked for boost leaks, cant find none

any one got any ideas?? or has had this problem before

Sorry for my flippant response. Had just drunk a whole can of coke - sugar rush!

Electrics perhaps?

Mine is a bit 'random' when it's wet/humid and I know the coil pack wiring loom is in need of replacement. Also perhaps water on your ECU? :(

I had the same problem, it only happened for one day. After that its been running fine, i got Dan from 4 rings to come check it out the next day but couldn't spot anything as the car ran normal. Its one of those problems we have to wait till it rears it head again, VCDs didn't pick anything up either. I did a post about a week ago, suggestions were to check plugs and coils packs. Worth a try?

Forge actuator? they aren't the best tbh... they have very little travel and stick..

Surge? as in actual turbo surge? sounds unlikely on your setup... by stall do you mean actual stall or throttle cut? we are of course talking about your Golf here?

<tuffty/>

Are your cars allergic to water? I think mine might be as things only seem to go wrong when it's raining!

On a serious note, I would say coilpack/coil pack wiring. Next time it rains, set up some logs via vcds and hope the problem happens again..

Forge actuator? they aren't the best tbh... they have very little travel and stick..

Surge? as in actual turbo surge? sounds unlikely on your setup... by stall do you mean actual stall or throttle cut? we are of course talking about your Golf here?

<tuffty/>

Yeah its my AUM golf Tuffty, maybe im not explaining it correctly. I will be driving calmly, barely touching the trottle, but it feels like I floored it until 2k. the either it just pulls back or stalls. When I say stalls, i mean engine stall

Bill im going to see my mate on monday who has Vag Com so I will get him to log those fuel trims while he is at it.
Is there anything else I can get him to check/log while he has the car plugged in?

Yeah I sort of wish I just got a standard actuator as mine was apparently weak.

From my experiance the n249 bypass on thise engines seems to not like it,n75 deleat ok,but n249 bypass dnt think how the cars are designed,does'nt like the bypass.just a thought.

To be honest, I tries the n249 to resolve the problem but all it did was make the throttle response sharper ans change the tone of the dv.worse comes to worse ill take it to bill or back to r tech to have a look at

Interesting read I found scroll down to where is say boost surge

http://www.r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-latest-news.php

Once I get the forge actuator checked out on Monday ill take it to r tech

Right,little update.just got the car back from the mechanic.he changed the n75 which was less than a year old.he said it now runs better but isn't how it should be.I haven't had a chance to drive it properly to see if it still happens.I have noticed though that its more powerful. I think I will book it in with r tech next week and see what they can do for me.I'm no tuner but perhaps if they just load on a stage 2 and custom map it,it may resolve the problem. I currently have a 1.5 as I didn't have a fmic before