Help with info on 1.9 TDI 130 Sport GMBH 2003(53)

Mike.M

Reaction score
Well I am planning on coming back to the Audi scene after selling the S3 a while ago, then getting a Golf 110 TDI for a year due to job and falling in love with my current Lupo GTI 6 speed (up for sale by the way) for the last 7 years...........but time for a change and now chasing a decent A4 B6 1.9 TDi 130 Sport GMBH 2003(53) due to an expanding family.

It all looks like a nice example but has 98k miles (never owned a car higher than 66k miles to be honest)..........looking into when or if the clutch has been done and still yet to see the car in the flesh, but planning to take a trip at the weekend if the service history and comments here make it a worth while trip.

Anything I should look out for in particular and are they reliable............once I get one and work through it, I am planning on chipping eventually :)

Cheers in advance!

Hi I havent owned 1 of these done work in the past on them and the main thing is boost pipes and sensors and turbo so you could do with a vagcom if you got 1.....Signs wit boost pipes the bottom right hose seems to just pop off on its own, sensors common 1 is map sensor seems to go down and vnt system problems if no boost low down then there is a problem with vnt if the car goes into limp mode after 80mph vnt again............Im sure you will already know these problems and none of them are a major issue apart from the turbo...But if you do get it and its fine kick its face in every now and then and the vnt wont stick:rock:

Thanks. I used to push my old 110 TDI once a week to clear out the system............sudden plume of black smoke and then it clears and runs clean.

Any more info to look out for being 98k miles on the clock.............more of a petrol head than diesel?

i've got the same engine in my passat (also for sale :p ) i managed 175k on the orignal clutch and dmf and only changed them when box was off, i had vnt issues and needed a turbo overhaul at £270 at 120k miles, is the one your looking at a 6 speed?

Hi, I have the exact same spec car you are after. I have only had it for 3 months so I'm probably best not qualified to give you an answer. Mine has done 106k and to be honest runs like new, since I've had it the water temp sensor and engine mount solenoid went but luckily it was covered under warranty. The things you need to look out for are any signs of the DMF on its way out and make sure the cam belt service isn't due anytime soon, I would also thoroughly check all the boost hoses (I found out mine had a slight split after a service and £160 to replace :0) and the obviously FSH etc. Yours should be a 6spd box like mine, make sure all the gears engage.

The performance should be brisk, a huge wallop of torque from 2000rpm which keeps pulling to around 4200rpm. I averaged 52mpg on a 300 mile trip and I was cruising at around 80-90 most of the way, so that shows how economical they can be. If you get it chipped you will be laughing but make sure the dmf and clutch are up to it first ;)

Cheers,

It is a 6 speed and looks to be on its original clutch also.

It also looks like the cambelt and water pump are due but have a mate who works for a VW/Audi main dealer so he can do that on the side and will cater in cost reduction on the car for it. full service history and it was traded in at a main VW dealer to, so HPI clear and has a brand new MOT also.

Not heard about the engine mount solenoid going so will look into that one. Ref DMF is it if there is a vibration through the clutch pedal on idle?

Cheers,

It is a 6 speed and looks to be on its original clutch also.

It also looks like the cambelt and water pump are due but have a mate who works for a VW/Audi main dealer so he can do that on the side and will cater in cost reduction on the car for it. full service history and it was traded in at a main VW dealer to, so HPI clear and has a brand new MOT also.

Not heard about the engine mount solenoid going so will look into that one. Ref DMF is it if there is a vibration through the clutch pedal on idle?

I don't think the engine mount solenoid is a common one to be honest, most problems tend to be with it being disconnected or faulty looms. DMF symptoms tend to be vibration going uphills/cruising 65+ (disappears if you put your foot on the clutch), noisy rattle when starting up/turning off engine, hesitation when coming off light throttle in traffic,very little clutch control or bite point

Cheers, so just the DMF to look out for then as the main issue.