Weird mpg!

stu_m

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just be a trip to telford and back to hull this weekend

On the way down their I was just taking it steady as we was running early doing 60 all the way and the car averaged 52mpg

The odd time I got to 70 and the car would show no more them 47mpg

Came back today and did 70 to 80 all the way and averaged 62mpg!!

Same route their and back only thing different was the outside temp max of 13 degrees on the way down min of 10 but today its been around 18 degrees all the way back

Surely the temp can't make that much difference?

I'm thinking I have a problem somewhere?

Any ideas I have full vcds so can do some logging if need be

dont belive **** all the dis displays

The dis isn't that bad

I've adjusted mine in vcds so it reads almost right its 2mpg out which was checked over a couple of fill ups

Plus for it to read 10mpg difference is a bit much

really the dis is that bad
mines diffrent every week when i do the wales run
steady 80 can be 42 46 64 etc etc

Well in that case then next time I go on a long drive like that I will brim it and check at both ends

I have noticed in the past mine supps juice at 70 normally!

Cost me 40 quid in juice to telford at 70 normally yet this weekend its a tad over 30

I always do

but I know the dis isn't that far off and to be showing 10mpg difference at a faster speed! i would have expected it to be lower mpg at higher speed!

Could it be that on the way there its more uphill, even if you don't notice it, then on the way back its more a downhill route. I get this on my route to work, on the way to work I average 38mpg as its more downhill but on the way home it seems to average 33 as its going up the hills.

could possibly be that

the m62 does have a steady climb to it on the way out

i will have to do more research in to it if there is a problem I mean all could be well and im just a tight *** that want to save more fuel lol

must admit mine doesnt seems to use any different if i hold it at 50mph or 70mph seems to still do the same miles to the tank....