2006 A3 2.0 TDI 140 judder/hesitate under 2k problem.. Help please.

jon_s

Reaction score
Hi All,
I've read this problem a few times but no cure?

I've got a 2006 A3 2.0 TDI 140 S-line, Now the first few weeks the car went like a dream, It's done 34k.

I've noticed when in traffic in any gear when I am about 1700-1900 range with constant light acceleration the car judders/hesitates almost like it has a missfire about to form or start to kangaroo, it lasts a second or two then clears or if you put your foot down it pulls through quicker. Now this is a right pain!
Now it starts to do this at all times, Warm & cold. Nothing shows on a diagnostic and Audi surprise surprise don't know anything about it, Can't really afford to spend millions with them to tell me they don't know what is wrong and replace things that don't need to be.

I must add a handful of times during motorway driving around 70-90mph constant acceleration i have had a burble where the car has cut the power for a split second causing a hesitation which was baffling?! Not happened for a good month now this though.
Only other thing i've noticed once or twice is if i rev the car when the idle gets to 3k it carries on to about 3.5k as if it sticks. Usually a clogged egr for this? But it shouldn't be at under 35k?

Any ideas what this actual problem is as it's driving me bonkers, I spent 2 years searching for a mint low mileage example and spent a small fortune, I'm now on the verge of taking it to the local scrappy as i feel the car is almost undriveable unless I'm on open fast roads!
I'm going to give it a full service on the weekend and change all the filters and give the egr a clean just in case.

Please help save this Audi's life before i commit murder to it lol!

Cheers in advance,
Jon