What goes here in my bumper .....

Inertiauk

Reaction score
Website
www.yourlocalcomputerguy.co.uk
I did my Alternator belt yesterday because it snapped on Saturday night, i'm very sunburnt from doing it, blisters and everythign oops.

I used this guide : Audi B6 S4 DIY: Serpentine Belt / Service Position / Snub Mount and the job went smoothly.

Whilst I had the bumper off I noticed a little compartment in it with a plug form the loom going to it but nothing there.

1_f.jpg

I'm just curious what it is for ?

Thanks.

No, it has headlight washers and they are present and working, this is on one side only, top of the bumper on the drivers side of the car,

so it would l;and just the the left of the bonnet grille and down a bit as you look at it. Might be a sensor required by an optional extra I don't have ? or something I should have that's missing ?

cant take batter pictures as its back together now. Here's a direct link though eBay item gallery | JPEGbay.com

Maybe,
  1. Homelink transmitter? (for opening electronic gates or electric garage doors - the controls are located on the drivers sun visor.)
  2. Radio Clock receiver? Most of the German resident cars have this option and synchronises with the German atomic clock radio transmitter. Equivalent to the UK's Rugby atomic clock but on a different time and frequency obviously. If configured you get a little radio transmitter mast lit against your dash clock time. Option only available on German domestic cars.