HELP!!!!!!

supersando

Reaction score
If anybody has a 2000 Sudi S3 then you will hopefully be able to help me. I have managed to break the small compartment in the centre console of my vehicle. I'm talking about the drop-down compartment which hides the cigarette lighter. I can't get it to close anymore and the only thing that I can find is a small piece of rubber which has fallen out from somewhere. Does anybody know how I could sort this out??????

Last edited by a moderator:
New ash tray or do what i did. Take the ash tray out and youll see that the back has cracked and a metal pin has come out, i bonded the pin and plastic together and its been fine for about 8months, the pin holds the ash tray front up, it locls into a tiny mechanism.

Ok thanks Dani_B19 I’ll see if that sorts the problem.

Turn the caps off!!

(its seen as shouting)

:)

EDIT** Sorted it Nilz ;P <tuffty/> **EDIT

They break after time. A replacement from Audi is around £40. I know this as mine did the same. You may need a new piano trim too as the two parts are separate.... and removing the piano Trim you have from the current tray results on the plastic lugs breaking.

Greg unless your a gorillla u shud be fine.

Maybe... But I bet it will break. Designed to be put on once. The piano trim has three lugs on the rear which clips to the fascia of the plastic compartment tray.