Looking to upgrade - Advise needed

KevZA

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I am looking at doing the below to my 2008 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI. Please will you advise me if i should rethink or give any ideas. This is just a rough idea on what i would like to do and what i would like to achieve.

- Performance fuel management system
- T3/T4 hybrid turbo
- Bigger injectors
- Performance exhaust system
- Bigger intercooler
- wastegate setup

Any advise on specifics ?

I would like to get roughly 250 - 300 KWs

Lastly is there anyone from JHB on the forums as i am located in JHB and would like to purchase locally.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated :anbet:

Kind Regards,

Kev,for that sort of power,you may also be looking at an engine internal rebuild,with better pistons and rods,so you do need to consider overall costs.

Your car would have the K03 turbo,and fitting a GTX28 or GTX30 to it would not be a cheap option,where a K04 from the S3 could take you to around 360bhp at best.

A proper big turbo build would cost you several thousands to do right,and of the all-in-one kits around right now,the APR GTX28 kit is probably the best all round solution but runs to around £7k minus fitting and some extra parts.

You would need an uprated HPFP,intercooler and injectors to do that,plus the exhaust and software.

Once again thanks for the advise Alex.

In your opinion what would you do first thou. I just recently did inner and outer CV's and a slightly stronger clutch as mine was on its way out. I also did a basic break disk upgrade and got some slotted disks for the front and back.

Reactions: S3Alex
Hi Kev.

Has the car been mapped at all?
If not I'd be inclined to do that and get the exhaust uprated as you would need that plus a decent CAI such as the Revo,AMD or ITG for whatever your next steps are.

The clutch is a known weak spot so having done that you'd be able to use some more torque.

Still stock out the box.

I am thinking of going to Revo. I see it a lot now days on the road and their prices are fairly reasonable.

Recommendation on exhaust ?

I'm thinking of doing the remap and CAI + exhaust next month.

Still stock out the box.

I am thinking of going to Revo. I see it a lot now days on the road and their prices are fairly reasonable.

Recommendation on exhaust ?

I'm thinking of doing the remap and CAI + exhaust next month.

Scorpion and Milltek would be the most likely candidates for where you are,and Revo or APR for the software.

I think you'll notice a big difference,and it should put a smile on your face.

also take a look at bcs powervalve exhaust. it seems like a good quality exhaust, and it also has the valve option. if you don't want it to be loud when cruising...