Audi A4 B6 19" Alloys - How Low Can I Go Without Rubbing?

amz

Reaction score
Hi all,

How low can I go on 19" RS4 alloys without facing any rubbing issues? I obviously don't want to go right to the ground because of humps, and I'll also be putting on the Votex kit also.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
That's up to you and your choice suspension .

I have coil overs. I want it low enough where the top of the tyres are almost level with the arches, but I don't want to face any rubbing issues! I don't have 19" RS4 alloys yet, if I will be facing rubbing issues then I might have to stick with 18" alloys.

That's up to you and your choice suspension .

you will have to adjust till you get what you want
theres no way anyone on here can tell you

All I would like to know is will I get any rubbing against the arches issue if I was to put on RS4 alloys with 235/35/19, if it was pretty low?

no idea you dont mention what coils you have
or what wheels tyres you have now
they may rub they may not
thats why i said you have to lower till your happy theres no rubbing

All I would like to know is will I get any rubbing against the arches issue if I was to put on RS4 alloys with 235/35/19, if it was pretty low?

I have no issues with 235x35x19 rubbing on my arches .

Thank you CMD. Atleast now I could go ahead with buying a nice set of 19" RS4's without worrying about rubbing against the arches :D

I've got 19's and weitec GT coilovers. The rears are wound all the way down and the fronts to match the height of the rears and I get no rubbing. You'll want to be slowing down for speed humps tho!! lol

I've got 19's and weitec GT coilovers. The rears are wound all the way down and the fronts to match the height of the rears and I get no rubbing. You'll want to be slowing down for speed humps tho!! lol

I've got entry level coilovers tbh mate FK AK, not the best I tell you as I didn't want to spend too much, but still does the job :)

I'm looking to put spacers in aswell to get the wide look as mentioned in one of my threads.

How about when the car is a full load, does it rub?

Like others have said , you have to get it all fitted then adjust the coilovers until you are happy. Had the same thing with a mk4 Golf in the past, coilovers and 19's. I just wound it down until it rubbed , then wound it up a bit!

You can go pretty low with no hassle

Ive got 20's tucked with kw v2's and have had 5 up with luggage on an airport run with no problems

You can go pretty low with no hassle

Ive got 20's tucked with kw v2's and have had 5 up with luggage on an airport run with no problems

Lucky you! lol. Right! 19's it is :)

Yeah I've had 5 up on B roads with my set up with no problems to speak of in the arches, I've scraped the underside on harsh speed bumps once or twice tho when I've got passengers in the back.

I see, it might be worth getting the arches rolled?

Arches are huge, don't need rolling

I would just whack your setup on, play with the height, look and admire your work!

Correct no need to roll the arches, if you were going 9.5"- 10" rims with a fall out decking then maybe.