Audi A4 2001 2.5tdi v6 misfire? juddering.

spdurow

Reaction score
Hi I have an Audi A4 2001 2.5tdi v6 2001 tiptronic ( b6 ) I've had this problem for a while where as when on the motorway i could be giving the car some beans everything seems fine but when i relax the accelerator and then try to cruise ( just maintaining speed ) the car starts what feels like a misfiring session and judders quite bad. Had a snap on scanner on it and the only code is that was present was the transmission fault code P1857/18265 error message from ecu intermittent. I've had new fuel filter, New bosch maf sensor, coolant temp sensor and i have put a blanking plate on the egr valve. The turbo actuator arm looks nice and smooth. This fault code has not come back but the initial problem still remains...Is there anybody out there who can point me in the right direction. The car performs fantastic in every other sense other than this....cheers

Last edited:
Yes, mutitronic will judder when the oil is old, tiptronics/quattro will exhibit torque converter "slip"... I do hope the car isn't FWD as it will most likely require a new clutch pack. On a tiptronic quattro most times is old fluid or might need a new valve chest due to internal leaks !

Have you had any luck fixing this?

I've got what looks like the same problem with an Allroad 2.5 Tdi

18265 code is usually caused by snapped wires (blue & purple) on the 2 pin connector on the gearbox, both the manual & auto VAG gearbox's suffer from this. It's a common fault on Passats & some of the Skoda's. All it seems to do on manuals is throw spurious fault codes particularily the ASR/ESP light, but it's quite possible that all sorts of chaos could be caused to an auto. Google fault code 18265 for some related threads

Last edited:
Hi. At the moment its not been doing it. Iv'e just had the cam belts water pump and thermostat done. I was still experiencing the judder up till recently but the only thing iv'e done is have the battery off for an hour or so to check the drain holes as i have noticed that there has been a bit off moisture under the rubber mat on the passenger side footwell. My drive has quite a slope too which won't help. apparantly the transmission control module is under the carpet on that side so this is why i took the battery off to check the drain holes underneath it. You cant afford for that to get wet!. I doubt this has changed anything but wonders never cease.

hi am new to this forum

i have an audi a6 2.5 tdi quattro manual with the same fault
did you find what was wrong with yours?