Symphony I or Symphony II?

sasquatch82

Reaction score
Hi folks

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to differentiate between the Symphony I and Symphony II models? A google image search seems to show very similar looking units - I ask as I'm picking up a 2004 A3 SE and need to know what unit is in it to price up the right Denison kit for it if I decide to go that way rather than ripping out the whole unit.

If it helps this one has the rather snazzy tape player which I think rules it out of being anything newer than the II.

Cheers
Scott

Symphony II was only ever fitted to the 8P models, is your car an 8P chassis, I would say yes at 2004.

Also symphony I and II in the A3 are totally different in shape.

The symphony II has rounded top corners.

​And then there's the symphony II+ which plays MP3 CDs. Fitted in later models.

Yes but were talking about a 2004 and specifically if it will be symphony I or II so he can order the correct Ipod interface. Chipping in about II+ is poiintless and the OP has already said it's too old for that model.

​And then there's the symphony II+ which plays MP3 CDs. Fitted in later models.

Yeah then he will probably have radio reception issues which is further cost, so not a good suggestion Im afraid.

Thanks, I suspect more strongly that its a Symphony II going by s8craig's advice re the top corners. Car is a 54 plate 8P sorry should have referenced that in the OP.

More Denisons to choose from now. Hmmm.

That or the Gateway Lite BT i think so. The more I look at it for spending £150+ on a Denison raising that to £300+ gets a RNS-E or aftermarket equivilent with a bag load of extra features so I'm leaning towards creating justification for that!