Michelin Winter Tyres: Testing the Pilot Alpin 4 and Latitude Alpin 2

rezulteo

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.rezulteo-tyres.co.uk
Hi everyone,

Here's another tyre update for you. This time we were in Riga, Latvia to test Michelins 2 new winter tyres.

Michelin waited until the end of winter to unveil its 2 new Alpin winter tyres, for the next winter season. These tyres have been developed for vehicles in different categories, but designed to achieve the same objectives: safety, control, and mobility.

The Pilot Alpin 4

alpinf.jpg

This tyre has been designed with drivers of saloons and sport coupés in mind: powerful cars that need perfect grip with the road, whether it is on dry, wet, snowy, or icy roads.

dsc9796z.jpg

The Latitude Alpin 2

tg10787.jpg

The successor of the famous Latitude Alpin (2007) has been designed with 4x4 and high performance SUV owners in mind. It includes technology similar to the Pilot Alpin 4, with added unique characteristics.
tg11301.jpg

There has been a positive buzz for the Latitude Alpin 2, just as for the Pilot Alpin 4. Furthermore, after a recent test by TÜV SÜD:

• The Latitude Alpin 2 brakes 2 metres shorter than it’s main competitors on snow covered roads, and 4 metres shorter on icy roads (average speed: 30 mph to 0 mph)
  • The Michelin Pilot Alpin 4 brakes 2 metres shorter than it’s main competitors, on wet roads (average speed: 50 mph to 0 mph)

During the official launch in Riga, Latvia, the climate was favourable towards the testing of these 2 Alpin tyres. At the wheel of a Porsche 911 type 911 Carrera S, the Mercedes E 63 AMG, or the Range Rover Evoque, we were able to appreciate the real potential of these two tyres.

To find more information on our tests:

Pilot Alpin 4: Michelin Pilot Alpin 4: An ultra-high performance winter tyre for sports coupes and saloons, New tyres car tyres on rezulteo

Latitude Alpin 2: Michelin Latitude Alpin 2: A winter tyre for high performance SUV’s, New tyres car tyres on rezulteo

tg10741.jpg

WHat does everyone think? Do the capabilities of such a tyre give you more faith in driving in winter?

Looks like my drive!
Seems impressive - but to be honest, I think it'll take a lot to beat the Dunlop 4Ds the wife had fitted. However, I'll be looking to change the Gislaveds next year.......