Seat belt 'bing' and autolock

Amchlolor

Reaction score
I'm asking the dealer to switch both off.
Both are intensely annoying.

Following the thread on this last week, I called the dealers to ask and they said 'no problem' they can do it for free if it's in for a service, or a small charge (1/2hr) if you want it doing on its own.

Also, somebody mentioned the unwanted bing being caused by stuff on the passenger seat? But their is no 'bing' for the passenger seatbelt - my girlfriend often takes her seatbelt off (to remove/put on sweaters etc) and never a bing to be heard.

That's interesting miket,cheers.

My contact at the dealer is off on holiday so I haven't had a reply yet.
If they 'hum and hey' I will tell them a precedent has been set at another dealer.

The autolock caught me out twice today (got to my daughter's door only to find out it's locked and I have to go all the way back round to my door etc.etc.).

That,combined with the DSG hacking me off and I swear to god I nearly kicked the wing in.

My car has put me in a bad mood this morning...

Ho hum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
That's interesting miket,cheers.

My contact at the dealer is off on holiday so I haven't had a reply yet.
If they 'hum and hey' I will tell them a precedent has been set at another dealer.

The autolock caught me out twice today (got to my daughter's door only to find out it's locked and I have to go all the way back round to my door etc.etc.).

That,combined with the DSG hacking me off and I swear to god I nearly kicked the wing in.

My car has put me in a bad mood this morning...

Ho hum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

bowfer, do you mean Autolock as you drive above 5mph or the time out on unlocking car but not opening door. If the later then I dont think it can be altered - insurance implications. If the first, then surely you had to open up to get out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

All the doors externally lock above 5mph.

So,if you nip out with the engine running you find that the all doors,apart from the driver's,are locked.

I get caught out by this all the time when dropping off my daughter at the childminders.

Extremely annoying and,in my opinion,of little practical use apart from the fear of carjacking/robbery.

Looks like Audi have pandered to the paranoid minority on this one.

[ QUOTE ]

So,if you nip out with the engine running you find that the all doors,apart from the driver's,are locked.

I get caught out by this all the time when dropping off my daughter at the childminders.

Extremely annoying and,in my opinion,of little practical use apart from the fear of carjacking/robbery.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine didn't come with this enabled. However, I drive to Slough twice a week, so it'll be enabled at the first service.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't understand mate. When you get out simply press the unlock button rather than double pull on the trigger and it will open all doors rather than just driver door. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Interesting - the 3 door doesn't do that +5mph thing.

However, I always lock all the doors manually anyway and if i open my door from inside without pressing the 'unlock' switch it leaves the boot and passenger door locked, which I like. Maybe I can get the +5mph autolock switched on?

I do live in Manchester though.

I think the feature whereby remaining doors/boot stay locked is part of the Thatcham Security Approvals and probably can't be changed. A lot of cars do that.

Just Press the 'unlock' button to avoid it.

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting - the 3 door doesn't do that +5mph thing.

However, I always lock all the doors manually anyway and if i open my door from inside without pressing the 'unlock' switch it leaves the boot and passenger door locked, which I like. Maybe I can get the +5mph autolock switched on?

I do live in Manchester though.

I think the feature whereby remaining doors/boot stay locked is part of the Thatcham Security Approvals and probably can't be changed. A lot of cars do that.

Just Press the 'unlock' button to avoid it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, not std. I had requested mine to be done at PDI.

[ QUOTE ]
Can't understand mate. When you get out simply press the unlock button rather than double pull on the trigger and it will open all doors rather than just driver door. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

When I stop somewhere with the engine running I can get out of the car no problem,but I can't externally open any of the other doors.

So I swear, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif then I have to run back round to the driver's door and press the unlock button on the inside (which I should do when I get out in the first place but I never remember to because I haven't had to in 20 years of driving).

I'll decide when the doors are locked thanks Audi. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I stop somewhere with the engine running I can get out of the car no problem,but I can't externally open any of the other doors.

So I swear, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif then I have to run back round to the driver's door and press the unlock button on the inside (which I should do when I get out in the first place but I never remember to because I haven't had to in 20 years of driving).

I'll decide when the doors are locked thanks Audi. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dosen't having to pull door trigger 'twice' instead of once to open drivers door remind you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, without it your boot is vulnerable from the thieving scum attacks at traffic lights etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dosen't having to pull door trigger 'twice' instead of once to open drivers door remind you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No,coz I don't have to do that.

One pull of the driver's door handle and I'm out,but all the other doors are locked.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No,coz I don't have to do that.

One pull of the driver's door handle and I'm out,but all the other doors are locked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Urrm, something else different between Sportback and 3dr. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

It would appear so Japper.
Incredible,isn't it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

I got "autolock" activated the first time I took the car back with faults (2.0 FSI 3 door) as the wife normally drives the A3.

I am pretty sure you can also have the keyfob only open the drivers door with one "unlock" push, and pushing the "unlock" twice opens the whole car, you can also have the "autolock" unlock the doors when the ignition is turned off, I was talked out of this one as they say women normally switch the car off then start messing with make up/hair/handbag etc, and it leaves them vunerable

[ QUOTE ]
I am pretty sure you can also have the keyfob only open the drivers door with one "unlock" push, and pushing the "unlock" twice opens the whole car

[/ QUOTE ]

My Golf Gti turbo had this,but I haven't had the desire to have it on any car since.

Perhaps more approiate for the Ladies. A friend of mine hates central locking but this feature would overcome her fears.

Some years ago she returned to her car and unlocked it using the remote unlocking. When she got in the car a chap jumped in through the passenger door and held a knife to her throat and told her to drive. Fortunately she was not hurt but it does highlight the problem. Better to have just the drivers door unlocking in some cases. At least Audi are giving us the options and allowing us to choose which we prefer. Nearly all of these various modes can be easily changed by connecting the car up the the VAG Diagnostic System.

[ QUOTE ]
I am pretty sure you can also have the keyfob only open the drivers door with one "unlock" push, and pushing the "unlock" twice opens the whole car

[/ QUOTE ]

Except it doesn't work like that on mine... have to press it a random number of times... sometimes the 2 presses will work, sometimes 3, sometimes 4. And I can hear it doing something each time I press it....

[ QUOTE ]
Re jumping out of a car and leaving it running while picking up your daughter be careful. My friend is a Traffic Sgt....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you're a lovely chap, but any more admissions like that and we'll fall out.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Also, somebody mentioned the unwanted bing being caused by stuff on the passenger seat? But their is no 'bing' for the passenger seatbelt - my girlfriend often takes her seatbelt off (to remove/put on sweaters etc) and never a bing to be heard.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmm... am I the only person who finds this image highly erotic? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

In my defence shes a stunning blonde, and my best mate LOL.

I set Autolock & turned of "windows down with remote" with Vagcom.
Remote in pocket can power windows down if open button accidently deppressed by something in your pocket.

You need a hex-can interface for the 8P chassis & also some understanding of hexidecimal & binary. All codes are in long code format & use a 12 byte code.
Have got a long coding converter if anyones needs to decode their present code.

Got a reply from my contact at the dealer today and she has confirmed that they will switch off the autolock but cannot switch off the seatbelt warning as they claim it's a European safety law requirement.

Sounds like pure speculation to me like,but there you go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

At least I'll get one of the bugbears eliminated.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Got a reply from my contact at the dealer today and she has confirmed that they will switch off the autolock but cannot switch off the seatbelt warning as they claim it's a European safety law requirement.

Sounds like pure speculation to me like,but there you go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

At least I'll get one of the bugbears eliminated.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that why it isn't on my 3dr then? Coz it's law?

I'd love to be able to argue the toss with the dealer,so any evidence I can give would be great.

If you're saying that the 2005 model 3 door doesn't have the 'bing',then I will use that to prove they are talking crap.

[ QUOTE ]
My 3door Bings ?

Gets on my nerves but it does get fed up BInging after about 3 mins and shuts up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mines a 05 model 3 door.

Autolock wasnot activated.

But ive locked the keys inside a few times as it locks itself sometimes with the keys in the ignition /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be wrong, but I thought we were talking about pasenger seats?

HAving a bad day so forget it if I'm wrong.

No 'bing' for mine either ('04 Model)

The seatbelt sign extinguishes itself after the startup, I here it's possible to enable both visual and audible warning through VAG-COM, is that the case?

My 05 (2005) bings for the driver but not for the passenger! I was told the passenger should bing but to be honest I'm glad it doesn't! The drivers one does my head in sometimes!

The Passenger side Cant Bling ??

How does the car know if there is a passenger in the seat or not ??

All thing Binging is making my head ache as well ! LOL !!!

[ QUOTE ]
The Passenger side Cant Bling ??

How does the car know if there is a passenger in the seat or not ??

All thing Binging is making my head ache as well ! LOL !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a pressure sensor in the passenger seat - i would imagine the same one that knows whether to deploy the airbag if you crash.

No 'bing' from my 3-dr July 2004 (2005 model) from either seat - thank goodness.

no bing thank god from my oct 04 sline!!

Passenger seat bling went off on mine the other day - but had no passenger in the seat ! However I had placed some library books on the passenger seat while driving to the library. Suppose I'll have to make sure I stick to paperbacks in future!

If there's a pressure sensor on the seat does anyone know at what weight it all kicks off?

My 05 3 door has the seat belt alarm, try not using the belt and driving, at a few mph the noise starts, not when its stationary........

[ QUOTE ]
Passenger seat bling went off on mine the other day - but had no passenger in the seat ! However I had placed some library books on the passenger seat while driving to the library. Suppose I'll have to make sure I stick to paperbacks in future!

If there's a pressure sensor on the seat does anyone know at what weight it all kicks off?

[/ QUOTE ]

6.5 kilograms apparently.