John Terry

Clown

I hope Chelsea get to the final just so that Idiot has to sit in the stands!

Well they did it.

They'll get ripped by Bayern or Real in the final though, especially as half their team is suspended for the match.

Speaking as a Sunderland fan, the perfect end to my season would be for Newcastle to finish fourth, and Chelsea to win the final.

Haha, I was thinking the same before the game. Would be such a shame if that happened.

Newcastle... everyone's second favourite team. :yes:

I know what you mean though. Similar thing when my team, Liverpool, won the champs league and Everton finished fourth. Back then they allowed 5 english teams into the following year's competition. Everton still crashed out in the qualifying rounds though. :lmfao:

Can't wait till Stoke City reach The Champions League. Up the POTTERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you do have the best avatar ever! Is it mrs johnnythepie?

Leeds fan here, i'm keeping hush hush too

John Terry cannot understand what he did wrong.

Good article in The Times:

Rory Smith says that far from condemning the player we should recognise that he is in fact a victim of kneejerk reaction
“I did not deliberately strike the player. The player checked his run and I piled into the back of him, my weight went on to my back foot, which is why my knee went up.”
At last, after all the scandals and controversies and ugly revelations, the nation wakes this morning knowing the truth about John Terry. The Chelsea captain’s courage on the pitch is what has marked his career, his seemingly reckless disregard for the welfare of his body in pursuit of victory. Only now, a decade and more since he burst into our consciousnesses, do we know the full extent of his bravery.
Throughout his career, it seems the 31-year-old has been battling against a condition so rare that it affects just one in every seven billion people. As a child, he was diagnosed with Murphy’s Syndrome, an affliction of the nervous system, the primary symptom of which is a series of wild, unpredictable reactions to certain prompts.
Most famously now, of course, is the deeply embarrassing effect of putting your weight on your back foot: immediately, without warning, unavoidably, your right knee shoots into the air, mindful of neither beast nor man.
This is not the first time this particular manifestation has troubled Terry, of course. Indeed, the most chronic Murphy’s sufferers find it almost impossible to lead normal lives. Imagine walking to the shops, unable to put weight on your left foot without smashing your right knee into a passing pensioner or large dog. It does not bear thinking about.
Murphy’s is so pernicious, though, so problematic, because of its complexity. As it develops, it seizes control of more and more reactions, of which the relation of weight on the back foot to the height of the right knee is just one.
There is the pathological fear of Chileans, for example, as so tragically demonstrated by Terry last night. “I was trying to protect myself, but looking at it on the replay it does look like a red card, so no complaints,” said the former England captain, complaining. Little was Cuneyt Cekir, the referee from Turkey, to know that Terry’s Murphy’s is now so acute that he cannot see a Chilean without fearing he is about to be molested.
There are others, of course. Symptoms of Murphy’s - named for Eddie Murphy, whose reaction to seeing a woman reduced to prostitution is to give her a lift home - can take any form.
Some, for example, will react to a trip to Ikea with their partners by selling a tour of their place of work. Others are rendered blind to parking restrictions if they have recently been exposed to Adam Sandler, the noted comic actor. Some even find themselves unable to recognise their own wives for days after putting more than £30 of diesel in their car.
It is a tragic condition. It infests a life, makes every day a challenge. Its rarity, too, ensures there is little available support. A recent move to force Murphy’s sufferers to wear an armband at all times – even when they have removed all other clothing – to enable others to recognise their condition has been hampered by a poor advertising campaign. Today is not a day to criticise Terry, to make him a pariah once more. Today is not a day to pity him. Today is a day to admire all that he has achieved, in the face of such tremendous adversity.