Wrong springs?

max69vk

Reaction score
I recently bought some 2nd hand Eibach springs for my 2.0 TDI, the seller reassured me that they were for my car so & as they had only been on his car 8 weeks I though they were a good price to buy them. I was looking to fit the springs at the weekend but with the weather being so pants I put it off, so in my boredom I decided to check the spec of the springs online & now I'm not sure I've got the right kit for my car due to the lack of info, the only info I can find is actually printed on the spring coils themselves;

Front springs - 211500701va
Rear springs - 211500701ha

Is there a way of checking what model they're for? I've tried dropping those numbers into Google & haven't seemed to get anything back other than some terrible google translations from Germany or Hungary & are referring to a VW Golf (I think).

The only numbers on there are in the pics below, they look like Sportlines to me rather than Pro kit...

72e4c043.jpg

694d19d6.jpg

Here are links to the Eibach parts catalogue for the springs you have bought:

Front springs - 211500701va:
Parts catalogue

And the models they fit:
Parts catalogue

...and...

Rear springs - 211500701ha:
Parts catalogue

And the models they fit:
Parts catalogue

So basically, the fronts are for a 3dr or 5dr, but not a 2.0TDI... and the rears are for a 3dr only including the 2.0TDI.
All non quattro as far as I can see.

What year is your car, how many doors is it, and is it quattro??

Cheers Ads looks like they'll be up for sale then, I've got 57 plate 2.0 TDI Sportback... Not even close to being right! :banghead:

Nice car btw, I've got a set of fat fives for mine but I think they look better on a silver 3dr though :thumbsup:

Cheers Ads looks like they'll be up for sale then, I've got 57 plate 2.0 TDI Sportback... Not even close to being right! :banghead:

Nice car btw, I've got a set of fat fives for mine but I think they look better on a silver 3dr though :thumbsup:

For your car (if you want the lowest Eibach springs.. 'Sportline') then you should be looking for part number E20-15-007-04-22 and the springs should have 20150070422 stamped on them. Eibach call that number on the spring "Customs Number".

Cheers about the car mate :thumbsup:

So does that mean that the rears are ok just not the fronts? If so, I wonder I can get a set of front springs only? Cant stand the S-Line suspension at the moment, & thats after previously driving a car for 8 years -120mm on coilovers!

So does that mean that the rears are ok just not the fronts? If so, I wonder I can get a set of front springs only? Cant stand the S-Line suspension at the moment, & thats after previously driving a car for 8 years -120mm on coilovers!

Nope, the rears are for a 2.0TDI but a 3 door only. The fronts are for a sportback though...... but not a 2.0TDI. :lmfao:

FML, nothing's gone right since I bought this car! LOL

Well after a bit of digging about it looks like this is the E20-15-007-01-22 Sportline kit for the 1.4 TFSI, 1.6, 1.6 FSI, 2.0 FSI or 1.9 TDI, so basically anything but mine :sob:

Looks like they'll be be heading for eBay then!

yep that part number is for the smaller 50mm struts im led to believe. You need the springs for the 55mm strut which is part no
E20-15-007-02-22

yep that part number is for the smaller 50mm struts im led to believe. You need the springs for the 55mm strut which is part no
E20-15-007-02-22

Those are for a 3 door brother.

These are for the sportback....

For your car (if you want the lowest Eibach springs.. 'Sportline') then you should be looking for part number E20-15-007-04-22 and the springs should have 20150070422 stamped on them. Eibach call that number on the spring "Customs Number".