MrTackalakalaka's very SLOW S3 Progress Thread

Flattened the paint back......

IMG_0062.jpg

Then polished it up.......finished, came out real good even though i did it outside on a mucky farm yard haha

IMG_0064.jpg

Very good mate. Did you follow any guides on what todo etc? Want to have ago at doing my drivers wing and front bumper

Very good mate. Did you follow any guides on what todo etc? Want to have ago at doing my drivers wing and front bumper

Thanks man......Nah, i have done a fair bit of paintwork before but normally indoors. Just got to take your time and make sure you spend a lot of time on the prep work and polishing. If you need any advice etc just give me a shout and will be happy to help. Although im sure there are a lot of how to's on youtube!!

​Car is looking good scott. :) x

Hi, your car looks great, lovely colour.

can I ask when you sprayed your quarter panel did you use water Bourne paint? Or solvent? I am wanting to do a bit on my car I have a spray machine that can handle car paints but was wondering what sort of paint you used?

simon

Thanks very much Grale......

I used solvent based paint. Used to use water based but had a lot of problems with it as I couldn't bake it properly due to not having an oven. Solvent seems to work for me :)

Looks like you done a good job on, I'll have to look into buying another gun and pot, what polish did you use once you flatted the paint back?

3M stuff is really good, I found a kit they do for £190 may look at that in the near future, I would like to give it a go, as I got a quote for £170 a panel for my car, that was from a Indi bloke not sure if that's good or not

Not at all superkarl. Got a pretty good paint scheme so they match up perfect unless I balls it up!

Grale.......the problem with paint shops is that they have limited time.....they normally do a fantastic job but if you know what you are looking at you always find bits that could be better!
if you are confident with paint then it's definitely worth spending time on it :)

I'm a decorator by trade anyways, so I'm used to airless spray and hvlp through work, so I'm confident in spraying myself as I do it a fair bit, would just need to get another gun to spray solvent, when you flatted your paint down did you use like a 1200 grade wet and dry or finer than that?
You've got me inspired to do bits to mine as ive had a few nice people put some nice scratches a little dings in The quarter panel

I'm a decorator by trade anyways, so I'm used to airless spray and hvlp through work, so I'm confident in spraying myself as I do it a fair bit, would just need to get another gun to spray solvent, when you flatted your paint down did you use like a 1200 grade wet and dry or finer than that?
You've got me inspired to do bits to mine as ive had a few nice people put some nice scratches a little dings in The quarter panel

I prep and spray cars for a living, id would leave scratches to a body shop/smart repairer that knows what they are doing, its the prep work that matters, painting is the easiest bit!