Pipe routing for a custom fmic. 1.8t ary.

benclarke

Reaction score
Does anyone have any photos or measurements for a custom fmic on the ary/tqs engine.
I have been in touch with ah fabs and need to get some dimensions together.

Cheers

Have a look at Jay A3's progress thread mate. We are both going the custom fmic pipework route, but using the smaller toyosports coolers as I think the AH fabs/wellycooler are too large for the power output I have. The only difference for us compared to Jay is the use of a map sensor pipe as well.

I have a full list if you need it.

What size turbo you aiming for as you may find either the current AH V1 or V2 for the S3 may well fit....

Pipe routing would be something like Prawn has done but you will need to make provision for the MAP sensor on yours as this is currently in the top of the std SMIC... a Forge MAP tube will do the job in this case...

<tuffty/>

I'm going for a ko3s hybrid.

The welly cooler or AH Fabs should be more adequate then. The pipework remains the same, apart from the need for reducers depending on the core's outlet sizes.

I would be tempted to try the V2... I know bill fitted a deeper cored version of the Forge S3 FMIC to a TQS a while back... there was a little trimming needed as the A3 bumper is a different shape to the S3 but maybe worth popping over to AH for a fitting...

The V1 is smaller and uses 51mm ends out the box but I modified mine to use 60mm outlets (90 deg bends) so should be more than enough for a K03 hybrid... Bill's Lupo with the K03 super hybrid (2283 wheel) uses a V1 with 63mm ends and works ok... thats 330hp currently..

<tuffty/>

I would be tempted to try the V2... I know bill fitted a deeper cored version of the Forge S3 FMIC to a TQS a while back... there was a little trimming needed as the A3 bumper is a different shape to the S3 but maybe worth popping over to AH for a fitting...

The V1 is smaller and uses 51mm ends out the box but I modified mine to use 60mm outlets (90 deg bends) so should be more than enough for a K03 hybrid... Bill's Lupo with the K03 super hybrid (2283 wheel) uses a V1 with 63mm ends and works ok... thats 330hp currently..

<tuffty/>

Thanks mate, I will endeavour to pop over to AH and see what they can do. I feel the standard IC really is holding the power back on long runs now. So im looking for to getting it abit cooler.
Bills explained his ko3 lupo to me when I was down there, but I cant remember who did the turbo? Was it CRturbos?

Thanks mate, I will endeavour to pop over to AH and see what they can do. I feel the standard IC really is holding the power back on long runs now. So im looking for to getting it abit cooler.
Bills explained his ko3 lupo to me when I was down there, but I cant remember who did the turbo? Was it CRturbos?

Yep, CR Turbos built it but if you plan to go down that route then it would require a little extra work with the gear change cables and heater hoses... would be a wicked turbo in a TQS though ;P

<tuffty/>