parking aid fault

Richard Wood

Reaction score
Hi All

Newbie on this site, but hope someone can help. I have an Audi s4 v8, but the parking aid seems to of given up, was wondering if there is anything i can do to get it back up and running, have checked the fuses and they are all fine. Do i need to go to Audi direct though???

Cheers

Moved by me to the B6 section.

Welcome to the forum, a VCS scan will tell you the reason, it's probably just a sensor but it's impossible to guess.

Stick it into reverse and turn ignition to 1st position don't start engine. Go to back of car and listen to each sensor they should be ticking. If there are any that are not ticking then they need replaced. Don't know if removing cleaning and replacing would be any use.

Stick it into reverse and turn ignition to 1st position don't start engine. Go to back of car and listen to each sensor they should be ticking. If there are any that are not ticking then they need replaced. Don't know if removing cleaning and replacing would be any use.
Wooow, it worked!, did what you suggested and one of the sensors isn't ticking. Thanks for the top tip and help. Going to get a new sensor and give it a try. Cheers again.

I have the same problem and will give this a try tomorrow!

Does anyone know how to get the seneors out easily? I seen to think its a bumper off job for some reason?

Ryan

I have the same problem and will give this a try tomorrow!

Does anyone know how to get the seneors out easily? I seen to think its a bumper off job for some reason?

Ryan

Front ones yes it is a bumper off job, rears I am not sure but would of thought so.

Cheers everyone , found out the problem with mine isnt the sensors at all but the siren, aghhhhh