A3 2.0 Tdi sport - S line order??

smudger

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm just about to order a new A3 3 door(2006 model) and i'm having no joy from the Audi dealer.

Can anyone confirm if the new s line package is available on all sport models - not just on the DSG and quattro? The Audi press release states it's a 1000 quid upgrade - but the dealers i have contacted have mixed views.

Has anyone orderd a 2.0TDI manual sport SLine ?

Thanks

Matt

Theres a thread in this section that covered this, S-line is available on all sport models mnus the rear spoiler which is extra /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

When I ordered my tdi S-line I could not get a manual one.

It was DSG and that's that.

Perhaps Audi have relaxed this,which will hack me off a bit as I'm not the biggest DSG fan in the world...

The TDI S-line has only ever been available with the DSG transmission. According to Audi UK website this has not changed with the facelift.

Cheers for that Japper..

Saves me going to Speccy cars and scrawling 'B***ARDS' all over their windows.

Look again at the Audi website.
Go to new cars, A3, configure your A3, click on S-Line then engine. You will see a 2.0TDi 6 speed manual. Its been available since December.

[ QUOTE ]
Look again at the Audi website.
Go to new cars, A3, configure your A3, click on S-Line then engine. You will see a 2.0TDi 6 speed manual. Its been available since December.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't think so.
I ordered mine in February and a you could NOT get a manual S-line.

Tdi S-line = DSG,simple as.

Checked the Audi website - it says the 2.0TDI is only available as a DSG or quattro.

Just spoke to two dealers - they have a new (june) price and specification that has not been implemented on the web. One said that the new A3 TDI 3 door sport manual is avlliable as an S-line (1000 quid).

Had a look on the audi.de site - it also suggests is available on all sports.

Thanks for all your help - but i'm still going round in circles. Anyone any other ideas?

[ QUOTE ]
The TDI S-line has only ever been available with the DSG transmission. According to Audi UK website this has not changed with the facelift.

[/ QUOTE ]

The audi configurator shows a 6 speed option with quattro and always has done.

Just played with the configurator

It goes like this;

3 door S-line
Quattro with 6 speed manual or front wheel drive with DSG.

No 'normal' manual option.

Sportback is still DSG or nothing.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The audi configurator shows a 6 speed option with quattro and always has done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you know I meant front wheel drive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just had an email from the dealer.

As the Audi Press release states - the S-line upgrade will be avaiable for all varients of the Audi A3 sport. They have confirmed that a 2.0tdi sport can be upgraded to an S-line spec for and additional £1000 and for an additional £950 you can have a the new exterior package (new bumpers + spoiler)

I rang the dealer and she confirmed that on the 2003 model range the s-line package was only avaiable on the "top price" a3 varients (the DSG + Quattro) but on the 2006 model it will be avaiable as an upgrade to all sport models. This specification car is avaaiable to order now on a 12 week delivery.

[ QUOTE ]
Just had an email from the dealer

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, by strange coincidence I was inquiring about this today:

"Dear Mr ***, many thanks for your interest in the A3. as promised please find pricing.

Lead times are currently late july for orders placed now. we require just £1,000 deposit and handle all the registration etc.

The cost for your specification will be £17,090, 2.0 tdi sport S line, incl rear park sensors, met paint 6 x cd, m/f st wheel, and we will be pleased to take your car in p/ex.

I look forward to assisting further,

Best regards,

John Day

Tax Free & Diplomatic Sales Manager

H.R.Owen (Export Division)

279 Finchley Road

London NW3 6LT"

I assumed this was for manual non quattro as I dislike DSG and he said Quattro didnt add anything to resale value, will email in the morning for clarification about whether it comes with DSG/spoiler/skirt package etc etc...

*confused* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif