Audi S3 - Advice Required Please

ashacre

Reaction score
Hi,

1. Anyone got any tips on the best type of induction Kits for my Audi S3?

2. Has anyone lowered their S3?

3. Will a free flow CAT and exhaust make a difference as they are rather steep - approx £1400 for the CAT and the Exhaust !!!!

Ta

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

1. Anyone got any tips on the best type of induction Kits for my Audi S3?

2. Has anyone lowered their S3?

3. Will a free flow CAT and exhaust make a difference as they are rather steep - approx £1400 for the CAT and the Exhaust !!!!

Ta

[/ QUOTE ]

1. None of them will give you a massive difference in power - just a nice noise and something to look at under the bonnet, not that there's anything wrong with that. BMC CDA is a popular choice...as luck would have it I'm selling mine.

2. Loads - I have the parts to do mine, just need to get them fitted. Bilstein shocks / Eibach springs are a popular combo. Rear adjustable tie bars are a good idea too or the rear camber goes too negative and you'll wear your tyres badly.

3. Exhaust will sound nice and gain a few BHP. Free flow cats on the TT/S3/LCR have thus far not been proven to gain any power whatsoever and are VERY pricey. Twin cat design seems pretty good from the factory it would seem. Manifolds are where the gains are to be made - one day some tried and tested examples will hopefully become available /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

HTH
Adam

Cheers for that.

Would you not recomend just fitting springs to lower the car?

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers for that.

Would you not recomend just fitting springs to lower the car?

[/ QUOTE ]

In a word - no. Adding shorter, harsher springs to part worn shocks is just about the worst thing you can do to a car suspension wise. The S3 is a heavy, powerful car and I would certainly not advise skimping in such an important area. Brakes and tyres are 2 other things I wouldn't skimp on ... those 3 things combined are what keep you on the road and out of the hedge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A

Thats what i thought !!!!

How much did you pay for you suspension????