A3 dials

A3_Black_Edition

Reaction score
Hi all,

A silly question really but does a 2012 A3 do a rev counter and speedo sweep when you turn on the ignition? I am sure I have seen a video on it but could have been another model.

You can't tell I am bored of waiting and asking random questions can you?.

Cheers,
Si

Probably reserved for the higher end sportier models S3 / RS3 I expect - those owners need some things to make it worthwhile buying such a car to show they have something a bit special.

Currently I think it's only available on S3's upwards.

Ah bummer, can't have it all. Knew I should have just got the s3, the derv with extras I have choosen is more than the s3 anyway. I just can't justify the fuel any more, sad times.

Cheers,

Hi all,

A silly question really but does a 2012 A3 do a rev counter and speedo sweep when you turn on the ignition? I am sure I have seen a video on it but could have been another model.

You can't tell I am bored of waiting and asking random questions can you?.

Cheers,
Si

I've got a 2012 170 Quattro, I'd tell you if it did it if I knew what you meant :w00t:

Doesn't do it on mine - MY12 Black Edition 170 Quattro; about as high spec as you can get an A3 without going S/RS3 - so unless the 2.0T does it, no.

tbh, I think it looks tinpot anyway - rev counters should show my revs, not pretend to be windscreen wipers.

Is this something you can switch on through Vag-Com for the s-line and sport models? the bosses Passat CC has it at work and i personally think its a cool feature!

lol, I think I can live without it. Iwouldn't mind having my console lit all the time, it's really hard to see the buttons with sunglasses on!

Find someone local with vcds and get its switched on ;)