A3 3.2V6 DSG stalls occasionally when coming to a stop

Stoddy

Reaction score
Hi all,

got myself an A3 3.2V6 DSG, May 04. at the end of Jan it cut out when I stopped at some lights, traction control light came on, tried to restart and it would not idle, had to rev it and drop it in to gear, on the move it was fine, then when i stopped agin it was fine, restarted, light went out all ok, job done.

It then did it again at in the middle of feb, this time in the middle lane of the M25! not much fun, same again, traction control light on, and then joined by the orange engine light got it to the side of the road, the same as before, this time there was lots of traffic so had to call RAC, he dumped the fault codes ( old mass air flow sensor, steering column and a glow plug warning) he reset it and I was able to drive to a safe place, got towed home, put it in the garage and they could not recreate it. reset the codes and it was fine till yesterday.

yesterday same again, apart from this time it would idle and only occasionally stalled, traction control light on initially, then joined by orange engine light, after a bit of driving around and stalling it is OK again but now I have then orange engine light on all the time, but as I said the car is fine. got it booked in with an independent on Friday (soonest they could and I could).

I have read quite a few threads (old ones) that seem to desirable similar but none of them come to a conclusion, has anyone got any ideas please?

Post over in the 8p section mate. There's a few current and previous 3.2 owners that may be able to help.

Hi, welcome to ASN. May i suggest you customise your user profile a little, its not easy to read. Enjoy the forum. :)