Full leather vs Half leather/suede

Hockley

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone confirm if the half leather/suede seats in the S3 were a 'paid for' factory fitted option?

Thanks.

IIRC full leather was standard option. And half with suede was optional extra.

Cool, thanks for the info guys. Was wondering why the half suede option seemed so rare.

I'm in the market to buy so just getting as much info as possible before parting with my monies :happy:

good luck with the purchase dude. im sure your be very happy. which colour are you after?

Colour is actually something I'm having real difficulty with deciding on, but I get a bit hard when I see a yellow S3 :drool: not sure if I'm man enough to own a yellow car though!

Will just have to see what ticks the most boxes I suppose

Can anyone confirm if the half leather/suede seats in the S3 were a 'paid for' factory fitted option?
No, then weren't a 'paid for' factory option, they were a no-cost option to full leather, and had 3 colour options - yellow, blue and grey/silver all with black leather bolsters.

Interestingly, a cloth interior was also a no-cost option, but unless you were a serious vegan, I don't think you'd trade a couple of grand of leather for cloth!

Interestingly, a cloth interior was also a no-cost option, but unless you were a serious vegan, I don't think you'd trade a couple of grand of leather for cloth!

I've only ever seen one S3 for sale with cloth interior, I think it was an import aswell.

I kept finding lovely S3's and then noticed the leather was white or cream or something grim.

I don't want to 'dis anyone else's taste but I prefer black leather. For me it's the business.

Liam

Half Leather Alcantara for me, mine is Black and Grey or Silver as some say. Best thing about Alcantara is I dont need to turn on my heated seat as there so warm, thats one thing I didnt like about my old S3 it had silver full Leather which was stunning but I always had a freezing cold but in winter lol.

Chris.

And scalding hot on a summers day, boil an egg on them, if you had an egg!

The other advantage with the leather is, the smell. Conditioned mine earlier today with gliptone and the car smells the bizz.
Like a new car smell of new leather.

And scalding hot on a summers day, boil an egg on them, if you had an egg!

Yes I suffered that when I wore my shorts lol last time that happened. I love the smell when I shampoo the centre sections with this foam stuff I use it works wonders and yes +1 for the clean smell of the leather I did my sides 2 weeks ago and they still smell fresh now guess its best of both worlds for us Leather/Alcantara boys :arco: