Central locking pump or recoding keys ?

Med performance

Reaction score
Website
www.medperformance.co.uk
My 2 keys have decided to stop working, replaced the batteries Still don't work ? The doors will lock with the button on the drivers door does that mean the pump is ok or still faulty ? Do the keys need to be recoded if so can it be done at home in the ignition with different button presses or dealer

Have you checked the fuses? They are F6, F14, F37, F38, although in my own experience the problem is probably the shattering of the graphite impeller inside the pump itself, which sounds bad, but it really is a pretty easy fix. You can either source a new graphite impeller, or do what I did and just replace the motor inside the pump, also doing this means that you do not have to reprogramme the keys. The motor can be found here: [h=1]AUDI CENTRAL LOCKING PUMP REPAIR KIT 8L0 862 257 | eBay[/h]

If both doors lock using the inside button on the drivers door then it sounds like the pump isn't at fault.

I has an issue with my central locking mate and I found a how to on ehow.com and that worked where everything else didnt. I posed the link in another thread.

I has an issue with my central locking mate and I found a how to on ehow.com and that worked where everything else didnt. I posed the link in another thread.

i tried the ehow one but it says press the door lock button with the ignition on but the door lock button only works with the engine started, the pump just makes a noise with just the ignition on could it be shagged ?

Can't remember how it worked mate, but I can honestly say I tried EVERYTHING else and nothing worked. Tried this, and actually got to I think the 4th step and being a numpty couldnt see any lights that were meant to flash (I was in the car so obv didnt see the parking lights haha) and I ignored it got out and went into Tesco's, came back out and pressed the button for some strange reason and BAM the central locking was working :)

put one key into ignition and turn but don't start the engine.
Then come out of the car and using another key close the door using key. After 2 sek press open button.

It should work.