Black headlining in a cabrio

Gweev

Reaction score
I'm just wondering whether to stick with the standard black headlining or go for the silver in my new cabrio. I'm thinking maybe with less natural light from the smaller rear glass, rear seat passengers are going to be in the dark most of the time. I've never had a car with black headlining so don't know how dark inside it generally is, and I've never had a cabrio either.

Anyone here got either a cabrio or black headlining and can tell me how much darker it makes it for passengers?

Ta

I went for the silver (pale grey) headlining.

Black makes for a very gloomy interior in the cabrio.

I went for the black headlining and don't find it that gloomy - also, the rear side windows are a decent size and there is virtually no B pillar, so the whole side is glass. I don't think it makes that much difference to the interior lighting, whether the headlining is black or silver, and I like the contrast between how light and airy it is with the roof down, and how snug it feels with the roof up - other than a little extra wind and road noise, the roof feels pretty solid.

My last car had a full length glass roof, so it was very bright inside - perhaps your best bet would be to find a used cabriolet somewhere and see what you think in person - I really wasn't keen on the silver headling in the two demo cars I tried.

Thanks pjr. Our test drive car had black headlining and while yes it wasn't too dark, that was on a bright sunny morning, chosen so we could have the roof down which we did for most of the test. So, I couldn't really gauge how gloomy it might be on a dreary winter's evening.

I've been searching Autotrader for a local used one in the combo my wife wants us to buy - Ibis white with red leather seats so i can see how it looks, but so far no luck. I'm now leaning towards black headlining having read the other current thread on the subject.