Bluetooth thingy? Help needed? x

Sarah28

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I picked my new A3 up at the weekend and just wondered if anyone knows how to transfer the phone numbers from the phone to the car via bluetooth, It started transferring when I was in the showroom but now it says phonebook empty..:-? Help x

You might need to tell the phone that the Audi is a trusted device.

When I picked the car up on Saturday, I was briefly shown how to do it..Switch bluetooth on and find AUDI..I put in the pin code and the numbers started appearing on the dash computer thingy (sorry im not right clever with this kind of thing)…but then we moved on to something else and turned the car off…with all the excitement and just wanting to get the car out I totally forgot…When I ask it to dial whoever…it say phonebook empty and now I don’t know how to transfer the number's
I think a trip back to Audi is the answer..
Other than that the car is amazing…well worth the loooooong wait xx

On mine if I press the voice button (big button on the right hand side of steering wheel) it always says "Phonebook empty" but if I press the Mode button (big button on the left hand side of steering wheel) the Phonebook appears on the DIS (dashboard display) and I can scroll through and dial. I've never liked voice dialling anyway so this works great for me and I've not bothered trying to fix the voice prompt.

On mine if I press the voice button (big button on the right hand side of steering wheel) it always says "Phonebook empty" but if I press the Mode button (big button on the left hand side of steering wheel) the Phonebook appears on the DIS (dashboard display) and I can scroll through and dial. I've never liked voice dialling anyway so this works great for me and I've not bothered trying to fix the voice prompt.

99% sure mine's the same. I think it's meant to be this way; if you want to set up the voice dialling phone book you have to tell it each number individually.

As Jasonc and essIII said, the phone book that you access by Voice Command is the phone book stored in the Bluetooth module and not on the phone itself. Press the 'Mode' button and you should be presented by the Phonebook, does this display the full phone book?

You have to set voice commands for the numbers you want to voice control. If you haven't done this, pressing the right hand button (with the head figure on) will result in a 'phonebook empty' response. It'll guide you through the process of entering voice command entries in the cars handbook.

You have to set voice commands for the numbers you want to voice control. If you haven't done this, pressing the right hand button (with the head figure on) will result in a 'phonebook empty' response. It'll guide you through the process of entering voice command entries in the cars handbook.

Yup this is correct, I just did a few of my most commonly used numbers when I picked my A3 up a couple of weeks ago. Basically the way it works is you press the mode button so the phonebook appears in the DIS (instead of the usual Radio station, CD track) and scroll through the contacts/numbers on the thumbwheel on the left hand side of the MFSW until you get to the name/number you want then press the 'Voice command' button. At the prompt you say 'store' and it will ask you to say a voice tag for that contact, then repeat it to confirm, and then finally I think it asks you to say 'confirm' and that's it.

You can then use the voice dialling by pressing the 'voice command' button and when 'Speak' appears on the display say 'Select Name'. Say the name you stored earlier at the prompt and after the name is repeated to you say 'Dial'. Surprised me at how well it works actually I don't think its misunderstood me once yet.

Good luck!

Yup this is correct, I just did a few of my most commonly used numbers when I picked my A3 up a couple of weeks ago. Basically the way it works is you press the mode button so the phonebook appears in the DIS (instead of the usual Radio station, CD track) and scroll through the contacts/numbers on the thumbwheel on the left hand side of the MFSW until you get to the name/number you want then press the 'Voice command' button. At the prompt you say 'store' and it will ask you to say a voice tag for that contact, then repeat it to confirm, and then finally I think it asks you to say 'confirm' and that's it.

You can then use the voice dialling by pressing the 'voice command' button and when 'Speak' appears on the display say 'Select Name'. Say the name you stored earlier at the prompt and after the name is repeated to you say 'Dial'. Surprised me at how well it works actually I don't think its misunderstood me once yet.

Good luck!

I didn't even know you could store numbers like that...

I've only stored a few but I did it by finding the number on my phone and pressing the PTT and when prompted said "Store Name" then she proceeded with "Name please" then "Number please"..

Pressing the PTT on the contact would definitely save time... will have to try it!

Your right…this is where ive been going wrong…I didn’t realise you pressed the scroller dial thingy in to dial the number and the voice kept saying phonebook empty…
Problem sorted now and I can enjoy my new car without shouting at the woman everyday lol
Cheers guy xxx