FAO: BBS CH owners

Hi Monty,

Here you go.... Apologies about the state of my car, i've not had time to clean it yet..

As you know mine are 19" and the ride is very firm but not what i would call uncomfortable. On normal roads you don't notice it but it's just when the roads are in poor condition or when you come across speed bumps etc. I'm not sure how much of this is down to the wheels/tyres or from the suspension. I've had it lowered by springs only and use standard shocks (until i save up enough to upgrade them).

Put it like this, the ride is firm without being a nightmare, the wife and kids havn't complained so it can't be that bad..if it was they would be the 1st to winge and moan... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway - Pics taken this morning.....

CRW_0001.jpg

CRW_0002.jpg

CRW_0003.jpg

and the stance from the rear....Note the Milltek, on nice and straight and central, don't know what all the fuss is about /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CRW_0004.jpg

Cheers

Ade

markb has not long had some 18'' ch's, send him a pm, or he did post pictures not long ago so just search for the post

Anyone got pictures of bbs rc's on a s3.

Cheers Ade!

..love those wheels but still cant decide between 18/19s! 19s fill the arches nicely but the centres are huge and mask most of the brakes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Adam

PS: Are you running the Forge rear tie bars?

Thanks TDI-Line / Monty...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No not yet but it does need doing as the tyres are showing signs of wear on the inside...

I would go for 19"'s, they fit so snug under the arches.... I know everyone on here recommends 18"'s for performance but i'm more than happy with the 19"'s.. That said i don't do track days but i do push it along at times when the roads are quiet... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ade

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks TDI-Line / Monty...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No not yet but it does need doing as the tyres are showing signs of wear on the inside...

I would go for 19"'s, they fit so snug under the arches.... I know everyone on here recommends 18"'s for performance but i'm more than happy with the 19"'s.. That said i don't do track days but i do push it along at times when the roads are quiet... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ade

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not surprised, you can see they're a bit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif in the photo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

..definitely to be considered once my tyres are worn.

Cheers!
Adam

[ QUOTE ]
How much do the 18" and 19" CH's cost with decent tyres?

[/ QUOTE ]

18s ... £209 a corner + tyres. Toyo T1Rs are about £105 a go.

19s ... £229 a corner + tyres. T1Rs are ~ £140 a corner in this size.

..it's £1200 vs £1400 give or take a few quid - not a great deal in it.

Adam

Here's mine with 18's lowered 35mm on Eibachs.

bbschfrontside.jpg

bbschsideonsunny.jpg

bbschstretch01.jpg

I wouldn't recommend them though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif (Just so me and Ade can be on our own LOL)

[ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't recommend them though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif (Just so me and Ade can be on our own LOL)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they look awful in the flesh, are dead heavy and warp very easily.. Avoid them like the plague LOL....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ade

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they look awful in the flesh, are dead heavy and warp very easily.. Avoid them like the plague LOL....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ade

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly couldn't have put it better myself.

Hi,
Ade d your car looks great ,but you must take a visit to specsavers as your right hand exhaust pipe is lower than your left?
All the best Merdock