S3 - 3 or 4 bar FPR from factory?

No it's a 4 bar, A3 1.8T is 3 bar.
I'm rarely wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Interesting,revo guys told me 4 bar but it may be 3?

No it's 4, lol won't anyone believe me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Have a look on the side of it for God sake!!!

lol .. I thought there may be some confusion.

..well with the Modshack TTDA, BAMM and boost machine I have a 4 bar FPR .. when I _finally_ get my sodding car back I'll compare part numbers and report back.

Steve at modshack seems to think TT225 engines are 3 bar...

A

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the only 1.8T's to get the 4 bar were the Longitudinal ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

As a matter of fact, my version of ETKA shows the same one (Part # 037 133 035 C) for the ARX (mine) AGU and BAM engines (Among others).

HTH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Leon R s share engines with s3 and they are definately 3 bar,however revo now do more aggressive 4 bar st2 maps for modded s3's ie high flow exhausts and cats,fmic etc see website for more details.I shall be testing a st2 map 4 bar on my car shortly,hopefully will improve fueling at top end (still running ko3 map atm)and will be able to tweak sps settings more when fmic is fitted.If its more aggressive than the already aggressive map then who knows, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy

I thought it was 3 bar also.

What is for sure is that even running 286bhp and 332lbft the fuelling is spot on throughout the rev range and well withing the safety limits - my car runs a little too rich in fact, but better that than getting a few extra bhp and blowing it up.

right guys, can I ask a few questions, so the standard S3 runs at 4bar (is that for the turbo) if so how much is that in psi? cause I've been tryin to figure it out from VAC com but I just don't know how. And Monty Would be really interested in modshack's boost machine, what does it exactly do?

[ QUOTE ]
right guys, can I ask a few questions, so the standard S3 runs at 4bar (is that for the turbo) if so how much is that in psi? cause I've been tryin to figure it out from VAC com but I just don't know how. And Monty Would be really interested in modshack's boost machine, what does it exactly do?

[/ QUOTE ]

No no no!

This thread is regarding fuel pressure rather than turbo pressure.

A stock S3 runs under 1 bar of boost as standard, chipped about 1.2-1.4bar

VAG-COM works in Millibar absolute, so divide by 1000 and substract 1000 to get approx figures.

chipped up to 1.5-1.55 car on some maps David, but most only go to 1.4-1.45

1.4 bar: 1.4 x 14.7 = 20.58 psi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and where can I learn more about fuel pressure? (that's an area I haven't looked into)

[/ QUOTE ]

try here

ps don't take that the wrong way, it's a joke, but seriously best way to find most things nowadays I find /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

what's the definitive, another site suggested 20.3052677

More info on the boost machine here for people who are interested: http://www.modshack.info/

...4 bar FPR is included in the kit with the descreened and large MAF housing - apparantly it's needed to correct fuelling due to higher airflow readings. Will be taking VAGCOM readings before and after to confirm though.

Any more info on the 'aggressive' Revo software? Or is it just a way to squeeze a few more ££ out of existing Revo customers. I saw the thread on SCN asking whether existing Revo owners could upgrade for the difference in price, that thread went VERY quiet quickly though which didn't bode well.

Cheers,
Adam

right been out to have a look at my fpr and it's 3 bar ,if you look at the side nearest the dashboard you can see the bar rating on the side of the fpr,mine is 3.0.

Just like I suggested everyone should do about 20 posts ago! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

hey tim,your not far from me in loughborough,hows the gt28rs coming along?

Revo said that all i have to pay to go from st1 to st2 is the difference between them ie around £50 plus a 4 bar regulator,i think thats a good deal,my local dealer phoned revo to confirm upgrade price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy

[ QUOTE ]
Revo said that all i have to pay to go from st1 to st2 is the difference between them ie around £50 plus a 4 bar regulator,i think thats a good deal,my local dealer phoned revo to confirm upgrade price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy

[/ QUOTE ]

Good news!

...no firm power figures though.

You done yours yet?

Adam

surely the fpr is not the limiting factor with a s3 so why would you need a larger fpr.

so is this what you guys are talkin about?

27Donthelookdingy-vi.jpg

That's the one Defratos... The pressure rating is stamped on the opposite side to the one shown in your pic...

I just swapped mine for an adjustable variant. I got it from ATP along with a nice shiny fuel rail and a LOT of other parts when I bought the turbo kit from them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers

Tim

[ QUOTE ]
surely the fpr is not the limiting factor with a s3 so why would you need a larger fpr.

[/ QUOTE ]Not sure we will have to see on a 210/225 model,it should make a difference to mine though,until my k04 hybrid is ready and injectors etc.I am trying it out for a while because it should be a cheap upgrade and for £85 ish i'm prepared to be a guinea pig,should be done within a fortnight,will do a before and after run and post up results whatever they are good or bad.Will do another run after fmic and vagcom logging. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifAndy

The one I have is adjustable from pretty low all the way up to 5Bar... it's set at the standard 4 Bar (well, 60psi so a tadge more!) at the moment and I'm planning on doing a few comparison runs with it set at 4 and 5 Bar in the next few days but to be totally honest I'm not expecting a great deal of improvement.

We'll see...

Cheers

Tim

[ QUOTE ]
Right so how does changing 'fuel pressure' (is that right) affect the engine? More pressure = more burn = more power?

[/ QUOTE ]

The pressure changes the amount of fuel entering into the engine for a given injector opening time.

Think of a garden hose with your finger over the end. If the tap is half open and you let your finger off for a second you'll get some water out. If you have the tap full on and then remove ya finger for a second you get alot more water out.

With the higher FPR you don't have to open the injector as long (duty cycle) for a given power.

Also the spray pattern will be different, which can also effect things.