Possible Doulble Din Aftermarket Fascia fabrication.......

slydog18

N88GGY S3
Reaction score
A guy at works reckons he can fabricate me a double din Fascia to fit an aftermarket head unit into my S3. I currently have the double din bose set up.

He said if I can get a broken Sympnony II (that is the 6 in dash one isnt it?) that has the front intact he can mould/ fabricate off that.

Anyone got one lying around they could chuck my way?

Was also thinking it could be made Piano black to match my trim and maybe even paint the climate contol panel piano black as well.

Any ideas/ comments on whether its a lost cause and been tried before?

I know people have discussed lack of fascias in different threads but as a quickie to this does anyone know if an aftermarket double din cage will fit into the standard double cage or will the head unit have to be mounted somehow directly to it?

Did you get anywhere with this? I have just removed my Symphony from my 2002 A3, and cannot find a fascia.
My new HU seems to sit back into the dash slightly.
I still have the old HU, but its in GWO.

Ive done this, you do need an a4 fascia and cage, then trim the fascia down, it don't need much trimming and its a case of fitting the double din in and then keep offering the fascia up to it and re trimming, you wont get a perfect result but im satisfied with how mines turned out and didnt even need to glue the fascia in because i trimmed just the right amount off, can be done with abit of patience !