seats

simon.m

Reaction score
so im wondering if its a big job to wier in heated seats if i change my sports ones as i cloth ones im thinking id need to change a few thing any one no what ;-)

If you buy a set of heated seats I think kufatec do a wiring loom and you will also need an aircon control unit with heated seat switches....

Trying to retrofit heated seat elements to your current seats would be a massive job I think....

oh ok so best off looking for some half leather sets maybe

Half leather are rare as rocking horse poo. To wire in heated seats you need to take out the seats and the centre console (incl radio, air con - which needs to have the heated seat controls on them), gear gaitor, armrest etc. Then the wire needs to be wired and run along the centre console, then under the carpet to the gap under the seats where the other wiring harnesses are. That bit was a ****** nightmare... I helped a mate do it last weekend!

There's a thread somewhere on here where someone retrofitted them. Very good and detailed write-up with pictures, but I can't find it at the moment!

wow that is a lot of work that has put me off for sure lol i thought i may have it all there as i have part electric seats but maybe not lol and then though if i got Half leather id not need the heated part ;-(

If you get heated seats, and the heated seat contol/heater unit thingy, is it not just a plug in and play?

Thought the wires may already be there??

I can't comment for everyone, but I very much doubt it... Under your seat, pull up the plastic rectangle and see if you have a green connector under there - that's seat heating.

i only have red and yellow blocks under mine :(

thanks mate will just keep a look out for half leather ones or some thing maybe get my ones re covered if its not to much

eah i no mate thats why id go for half if i change it dont have any planes to at mo was just looking around as you do and see some and thought niccceeee

I love my heated seats, just wish they worked without being sat in so I could pre heat them !

They are priceless in this weather cant believe how quickly they warm up and have to be turned down.They will become standard if these winters carry on.Reminds me of heated rear screens which were an instant must have when seen in action