DIY DIS replacement

jay1601

Reaction score
has anyone replaced the DIS them self, if so how hard was it to replace?

thanks Jay

mines got the screen as standard but its lost some lines. apprently you need to solider the new screen off/on. don't want to **** the dials up so wonna know if is hard to do

I have done it. Quite easy. Remove clear cover, Mark position of pointers at rest, remove pointers, remove dials, take a few other bits off, unsolder dis flexi, solder new one on, then refit everything.

Warning...don't let thisbe your first soldering experience... the dis flexi has quite a fine pitch

i had the same thing, i just took clocks apart to expose the dis, then carefully heated up the solder, with a heat gun (wallpaper striper) and put a bit of pressure on the ribbon, left to cool, now it works 100%

I've done mine. Its not as simple as some people would have you believe so dont go jumping in until your confident you can solder well.

You need to be carefull not to overheat the PCB and you need to very gently remove the old screen as if you go too quickly you will pull the tracks off the board which will mean you cannot solder the new one back in !

It takes time and patience and a steady hand with a good quality fine tipped soldering iron.

Personally I would not do it again unless I really had to !