Snow

just started in southend!!

but wont be rushing out to play in a front wheel drive :sadlike: .......boring.

could brush up on some urban skiing thou........

im no S. Loeb but some people havnt got a clue how to drive in snow and ice have they!!

Well... I live in a little cul-de-sac and iv had to help two take away delivery drivers get unstuck... Have no idea how they managed to both mount the same curb, makes me want to order chinese food now xD

ccd45ebc.jpg

I had a bit of fun too :)
Funny that in MK on dual carriageway, everyone is driving on one lane so the other one is full of snow.
Everyone..... except for one guy in an evo and me :eyebrows:

419845_3171015595710_1275096184_3216397_1504151150_n.jpg

421155_3171016235726_1275096184_3216398_381700263_n.jpg

Lol,

Wev'e got some over in the east in Ipswich, not much yet, 1/2 inch or so.

We've got a couple of inches and counting in Kent. It's supposed to keep on till the morning, which hopefully will be about 6 inches.

Thats the way I just did the same down the A24 much fun ripping the hand brake on roundabouts :) or hitting the load pedal on the way out :D but yea got hairy at one point 4x4 means you can pull away just doesn't do much for stopping. still trying to think of empty car park.

Go carefull or not and total the car then we can all be vultures :p

EDIT: Just realised ive got to drive from RH5 to DT10 tommorow at somepoint hmmmm that should be fun, but i did it when it snowed last year in the 106 so all should be fine

There's about 6" in the higher parts of Sheffield I had to rescue the wife after work then about half an hour later her dad got stuck aswell so the s3 has earned its keep this year

I had to go out for some shopping last night. Just had to. When I came out of Tescos it was really coming down. Snow was about 3 inches deep on the car and deeper on the ground.
There is a bit of a hill on the way home and stuck in the snow about 15 or so cars waiting for the little Fiesta at the front trying to pull itself up the hill. I know the S3 4 wheel drive system isn't the best in the world but I was really chuffed as I safely glided uphill past the traffic. It is times like this when you are glad you invested :)

Sod all, not a flake. 5 miles north of me and south Manchester down apparently. Totally went around us :wtf:

Can't believe I actually got stuck briefly... That'll teach me for having it that low as got beached where it was about 10 inches deep ;)

Snow here in Coventry and the midlands too. Interesting drive back from Wolverhampton with Gops on the a45. Get back all the way and then Gops gets stuck outside my house lol!

Snow here in Coventry and the midlands too. Interesting drive back from Wolverhampton with Gops on the a45. Get back all the way and then Gops gets stuck outside my house lol!

Ha ha what a noob

Lol I know. We had a nice little convoy on the way back from wolves though. Had my s3 Gops in his s3 and my other cousin in his b5 1.8tqs lowered about 40mm on kw v3's. Think there were a few slippy moments to say the least!

Hahahaha I just slid to the side of the road somehow!? It was funny though because I never got stuck once anywhere else! Blimmin tyres! And I also realised that my splitter was acting like a plough on the road!

loool went to the shops after finally fixing my broken clutch pedal. my sump was a snow plough haha. after drifting around for a bit and loosing my undertray I finally got stuck!

IMAG0133-1.jpg

Woke up early this morning to see the car covered in about 10-15cm of snow:yahoo:. Perfect excuse to get out there and enjoy it.

Here's a few pics I managed to take although gutted I couldnt get to take more at some beautiful scenic spots due to road closures and a poxy untreated hill which was iced over that the S3 couldnt get over. :wacko: The funny thing was there was an old chap stuck at the bottom in his BM so I drove past him easy enough but felt the need to help so I pulled over and ended up getting stuck as well LOL.

DSC03440.jpg

DSC03451.jpg

DSC03439.jpg

The BM eventually got towed by a local and I managed to spin the car round once he was out of my way.

...Drive safe people, there are some right numpties out there!

Woke up early this morning to see the car covered in about 10-15cm of snow:yahoo:. Perfect excuse to get out there and enjoy it.

Here's a few pics I managed to take although gutted I couldnt get to take more at some beautiful scenic spots due to road closures and a poxy untreated hill which was iced over that the S3 couldnt get over. :wacko: The funny thing was there was an old chap stuck at the bottom in his BM so I drove past him easy enough but felt the need to help so I pulled over and ended up getting stuck as well LOL.

DSC03440.jpg

DSC03451.jpg

DSC03439.jpg

The BM eventually got towed by a local and I managed to spin the car round once he was out of my way.

Love Mineral Grey. It goes from being really flat in some light to having a great purpleish tint to it in bright sunlight.

DSC03440.jpg

DSC03451.jpg

DSC03439.jpg

Totally gutted no snow up my way,that's a very nice car you have mate

Love Mineral Grey. It goes from being really flat in some light to having a great purpleish tint to it in bright sunlight.

Agreed I think your S3 on them BBS looks fantastic.

Totally gutted no snow up my way,that's a very nice car you have mate

Great pics there maz. Car really does look great too.

Great pics Maz!

Thanks u guys, appreciate the comments. :beerchug: .

Walsall, west midlands is very bad very deep but nothin what the quattro cant handle :) lovin it first 4x4 and just in time for the snow! :D

Too true Walsall seem to have missed out on the extra tonnes of salt, or the council were sleeping as none of the roads have been gritted this morning, not even the bus routes thumbs up for Quattro.

Chris.

We had about 10cm here in Nottingham. Been out but only to build 2 snowmen with the kids! Makes me laugh the way some people deliberately brake hard just to make the front wheels skid up to junction and then spin the wheels up when they pull away. Mostly in 1.6 Focuses. Probably the only time they can break traction.

photo9.jpg

Close to snow as i got with mine

****** roof leaks in barn

you realise how jealous I am?

We've been suffering maximums as high as 42degC last week in Perth, Oz