Cruise Control - Fitting

Cage

Reaction score
Just received my Cruise Control Stalk and wiring through a GB on UK-Mkivs.net (thanks Foxy and Rally_Chris).

Is there any fitting session happening soon or is any willing to help me fit it (even better fit it for me)? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Just received my Cruise Control Stalk and wiring through a GB on UK-Mkivs.net (thanks Foxy and Rally_Chris).

Is there any fitting session happening soon or is any willing to help me fit it (even better fit it for me)? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Where you from mate? I'm doing mine soon so maybe we could fit them together ... doesn't seem too hard and I'm fairly handy with car electrics ..

Adam

I am in Essex/East London borders.

Cage,

Rally Chris will be doing a Group Fitting session soon, probably in Reading.

I got the CC from Foxy for my last S3 and was in a fitting session that Chris arranged.

Around 5/6 VAG cars being stripped in a Sainsbury's car park got us some strange looks....!!

I'll let you know when Chris sorts out the next one.

[ QUOTE ]
Cage,

Rally Chris will be doing a Group Fitting session soon, probably in Reading.

I got the CC from Foxy for my last S3 and was in a fitting session that Chris arranged.

Around 5/6 VAG cars being stripped in a Sainsbury's car park got us some strange looks....!!

I'll let you know when Chris sorts out the next one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers mate.

Could you include me too, I got the same CC from Foxy's group buy.

Cheers Mate
Carlos

I got mine on Ebay for £62 delivered, tell him what car and he will send the correct one, (and instructions) or go to <font color="red"> www.vagparts.com </font> they also sell a kit

i might get AMD to fit mine - anything that messes with the engine I don't trust myself with! Thing is they'll charge £295+vat.

(still going to go to AMD though. can't be doing messing with an airbag!)

lol! That is Jon's "foxy" website. Very useful website, and the group buy organising king on uk-mkivs.net.

[ QUOTE ]
Just had AMD fit it to mine. One question though, is there not meant to be a symbol or something flash up on the display when it's activated?

[/ QUOTE ]

How much did AMD charge to fit it, wicked666

Sound. £295+vat. Could do it yourself but it means taking off steering wheel, wiring it up, and programming the ECU. Sounds too easy for me to mess it up somewhere so left it to the professionals!

Well happy with it.

I take it that includes supplying the cruise control stalk and loom? If that is just labour, it seems a little steep.

Cornwall is a long way from anywhere!

Except the sea...

And Devon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Cage, have you fitted yours mate?

Carlos

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yet, mine are sitting in a box, in storage, as I in the midst of moving homes.
Are you are offering to do it for me, as it can get it out of my storage unit? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Are you are offering to do it for me, as it can get it out of my storage unit? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Hehe.. no /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif I haven't done mine yet even though I bought VAGCOM especially for the occasion. However I notice Rally Chris is about to organise a fitting session in Berks for June (UK MKIV). Definitely going to try to be there, should be cool.

Cheers
Carlos

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hehe.. no /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif I haven't done mine yet even though I bought VAGCOM especially for the occasion. However I notice Rally Chris is about to organise a fitting session in Berks for June (UK MKIV). Definitely going to try to be there, should be cool.

Cheers
Carlos

[/ QUOTE ]

Great! I better get over to uk-mkivs.net and register my interest in this session

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Cornwall
is a long way from anywhere!

Except the sea...

And Devon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yep /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

as the only member down here who has an S3 its great