Photos From Croft Track Day 23rd April 05

Great photos indeed....how come the RS4's weren't on the track? Unlucky too for the guy driving the green Golf! tut tut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

Yup- great pic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif Feel sorry for owners of that mk2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

81488064a4b3dd1a4d74a5c1bdd0f1313a8bbee6f48567093dc963a6.jpg

Good pics there matey!

Those RS4's did go out on the track, and they all sounded awesome... but not as awesome as the S4 Avant!! It was like a Messerschmitt - I couldn't help but grin and laugh like a small child everytime it flew past /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Excellent Photos; must admit the highlight was seeing those RS4's duking it out round the track and the Milltek S4 thundering round. Pity you couldn't get the four RS4's all together that were there on the day, pure Nirvana /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

Casualty rate was fairly good as well, three damaged cars on the day isn't bad. I do feel sorry for the guy in his MkII but not as sorry for the guy with his black MK IV who spun off near the end of the session into the first corner and lost his wheel. I don't think he had any way of getting home after that!!

[ QUOTE ]

Casualty rate was fairly good as well, three damaged cars on the day isn't bad. I do feel sorry for the guy in his MkII but not as sorry for the guy with his black MK IV who spun off near the end of the session into the first corner and lost his wheel. I don't think he had any way of getting home after that!!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

I think that was Neil from Autometrix, so expect to see it in VW/Audi driver pretty soon!

When I left he was changing wheels, so think he got back home ok...!

Didn't realise he had a spare set with him. It was just the way that the car spun and the wheel went bouncing off into the sunset, I was more worried he had snapped of sheared the wheel bolts so he couldn't get another wheel on!

Good day nonetheless, if there is a next one I think I'll brave the cost of track day insurance and have a bash myself on the track rather than being a spectator.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif
Out of curiosity, how much were crash helmets to hire on the day, never got around to asking.

yes that lupo spent most of its time going sideways. the helmets were £20 depost and a £5 to hire i think. the guy with the mk2 sold the car,never took it home, saved on the embarisment.

83734077467f01077d36475dfb69680e1be6276bfa9c55dc0fca9d07.jpg

Fair play to him though, he was giving it some........ or as much as it would give!! He was still beating the guy in his MKII diesel who looked like he was out for a Sunday drive with RS4's and R32's passing him left and right!

Funniest sight though was whoever was in their silver MK IV Golf on the grass verge on the opposite of the track from the paddocks.... looked like he had run his battery down whilst spectating and had to push his car away from the track being remote from everyone else. Car started rolling down the hill with him sprinting after it trying to get back in!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif