Hybrid turbo injectors - what size?

beachbuggy

Reaction score
So based on using this calculator
Fuel Injector Calculator from WitchHunter Performance

A bsfc of .60 and aiming for about 340bhp at the flywheel and duty cycle of 80% , says I need 630cc injectors.

I know some have used 550cc and others 440cc . But anyone know for sure what are best? I've spoken to 2 tuners as well and one said 630's will be fine and another said too much...... Who am I to believe?

Ps I have both 630cc and 550cc at the moment so really looking for best solution.

630cc would be too big from what i have learnt now

550cc or 440cc i have been told is better for the hybrid k04

Welly used 550cc in his when he had the hybrid and all the rest

I suspect if you knock the BSFC back a bit (0.5) you'll get a more sensible reading that looks more like 550.

The 630's will work though.

yup, 550cc genesis for me here too, I think Speedy Steve used 440's but they didn't have any headroom at 314bhp. Welly used genesis 550's and still had some headroom left at 340bhp.

isn't 80% IDC fairly low? sure you don't need THAT much headroom?

According to the calculator, using a bsfc of 0.6 the 550's would provide 340bhp at 97.5% DC, but I don't think modern engines have a bsfc as high as 0.6, it's more like 0.55 or so as a rule. in which case you'd reach your 340bhp at 89% DC, which sounds fairly acceptable to me.

Either way, 550's are what you want :)

Hi all very intresting stuff your all talking about here, wish i knew what your all going on about lol. That is all :)

Tufty you ******, I've just realised something.....

My injectors arn't genesis ones, they're those Bosch 550's after all!

I was CERTAIN they were Genesis ones that welly/dane used, but looking at the Genesis on USRT they don't have coloured bands, and mind are identical to the Bosch ones pictured above! haha.

No bad thing at all I guess, just something I hadn't realised!

I bought 630cc for my hybrid and the tuner was not overly happy so sold them and bought 550cc genesis ones to go in instead, and he said perfect for the job...:icon_thumright:

Cheers, all this goes with out saying at 3bar..

550's are the way to go.. My 630cc's will be in the classified section!

Cheers, all this goes with out saying at 3bar..

550's are the way to go.. My 630cc's will be in the classified section!

Bosch EV14 550cc injectors have an excellent spray pattern thanks to their multi-orifice head. And they are outstandingly inexpensive. I source mine from blueovalindustries here in the States [LINK] You'll notice that price is for EIGHT injectors, not only four. Run at 3bar they are good to up to ~260g/s. I am at that threshold now, and with an upgraded intercooler going in, airflows will dictate a 4bar fuel regulator, bringing the flow up to 630cc.

Also: those flow ratings come straight from my bench tester here. The EV14s at 4bar flow identically to Siemens 630s at 3bar, with a superior flow pattern. And a lower price.