Gear knob choices

Ian_tdi

Reaction score
I am considering changing the gear knob on my a3 2.0tdi, as my is showing signs of wear, any recommendations on a nice upgrade? S3? Tt, rs4 etc? Pics, prices and hopefullyart numbers would be really helpful!

Thanks

Sorry that should have read hopefully part numbers!

Fat finger moment.

Thanks for the info guys. I went into my local Audi dealer to have a nose around their used cars and found a couple that I like, but they all come with the gaiter attached, which I wouldn't mind if any of them came with the same silver top stitch as my tt seats, any ideas guys?

The top stitch the same as mine (I think) is like this one Audi TT / TTS / TTRS Leather Shift Knob Skirt 8J0 | eBay

But obviously my gaiter would need to be square. I'm not too worried about the gaiter as I can make one at work I just thought that if they all come with the gaiter I might as well get one that matches.

Ta

What gaitor do you have at the moment? I need a new gaitor as mines a bit tired. I wanted one with the silver white stitch like the S3 one ideally, or even just a good condition normal one if its cheap!

On topic, I have fitted a forge big knob recently and it feels great :)

DSC05032a.jpg

I have an S3 one lying around pm me

Vorhees you have pm.

Tim stop hi jacking! Haha, the forge one looks ok actually, not normally a fan of aftermarket things like that.

Sorry! The forge one is really popular with the TT lads, which I used to be! Feels great as its weighted and aids the shift :) I have also shortened the shaft to reduce the throw slightly which is a great little free mod!

Just by chopping the rod down? How much is the forge one? Link?

Ta

Not to worry I found it on the net, it's nice but for that much id rather go oem.

Ta

I chopped 1" from the shaft which made a good difference to the throw. In my TT I also had the Forge Shortshifter and weighted gearknob and it felt soooo much better than standard! The only reason I went with the Forge knob is because it feels much better being weighted (300g+) than an OEM knob.

Ok interesting! Shame they don't do a leather version really!

Thanks for the info!

I have an S3 knob and gaiter with silver stitching for sale, pm me if interested as it's going in the classifieds.

S3 Knob:

025__scaled_600_016.jpg

MK2 TT S-Line:

DSCF0071.jpg

MK2 TT-RS:

audi_ttrs_in3_09.jpg

I went for the TT S-line one as it matches my TT Vents and matches the black and chrome detailing in the car

ash your becoming the knob master, perhaps thats not such a good thing lol !

I need to stop reading these forums... think an S3 Gear knob has been added to my to do list.