****** oil filter!

Paradox1

Reaction score
pretty done a service on my car apart from getting the oil filter.can't get the friggin thing off,tried oil housing cap and also tried a rachet which a strap but still nothing.other than shooting the ****** thing,how can I get it off. its a 18t AUM.I'm guessing that when the mechanic serviced it last time he didnt put oil around the rubber part and over tightened it

I've resorted to putting a screwdriver or a piece of bar through oil filters before so that you have a bit of leverage to twist it off, if you can't get it undone by any other means. It should be easier to get it off if it is warm so maybe heat up the top part of the filter to try and loosen the rubber seal with a hairdryer or something similar and see if that helps.

try getting someone to help you, 4 hands are stronger than 2! i struggled to get mine when i last changed the oil, finally got it off with me twisting from the top and my dad under the car twisting from bottom!

I just sprayed so wd40 on it so I will give it a while then have another crack at it.don't think I'll be going to that mechanic again!,Muppet. I also noticed that the filter has a massive dent on it

If you have strong hands you can get a really good grip on an oil filter by wrapping a sheet of coarse sandpaper round it, rough side against the filter.

You can get a spanner that fits over the filter end, loads on eBay, search for vw audi oil filter tool

Makes removing it so much easier

screwdriver, hammer, punch a hole straight through it. sorted. thats how i done mine..............

I got one of those filter caps but it keeps spinning in the filter when u try to loosen it. I've git work tomorrow so had to put new oil in the car so I can drive to work tomorrow.can I change the oil filter while new oil is in the car? the oil will only be a day old? ill take it to my mechanic mate in the morning

I did the screw driver thing too. It's gonna go in the bin so might aswel!

as said, just whack a screw driver through it, then put a thicker bar through it and twist

it;s not like you re going to re use it lol