Ditched that pony dv hose

AARON77

Reaction score
Ditched the standard hose, as i managed to split it in several places within 5 months of buying it

7e8d8aad.jpg

Haha sorry mate was viewing it on my iPhone!

does it really need to be a foot long? that maybe why it keeps splitting where its moving around and banging on top of the engine? only needs to be a few inches surely? then extend the vac to it instead..

does it really need to be a foot long? that maybe why it keeps splitting where its moving around and banging on top of the engine? only needs to be a few inches surely? then extend the vac to it instead..
The dv is normally down by the tip
And the long hose normally comes str8 out the charge pipe. where I'm guessing all the pressure is so by swapping the two hoses round I'm guessing all the pressure is in the short hose and my theory is that as it's so short it would be harder to split ?
I'm probably completely wrong but hey who cares

The dv is normally down by the tip
And the long hose normally comes str8 out the charge pipe. where I'm guessing all the pressure is so by swapping the two hoses round I'm guessing all the pressure is in the short hose and my theory is that as it's so short it would be harder to split ?
I'm probably completely wrong but hey who cares
yeah i guess, well if it works then its gotta be fine i suppose :) just annoying it keeps splitting no doubt

It was the standard set up previously which is why I've changed it as it clearly doesn't work for me
It doesn't bang on the engine I can barely move it with my hands
And seems to be ok I've done 370 miles so far so good

Nah it's not

same way as it's been on for 4 years and 11 months

The thinking behind it being on backwards is that turned round the other way there is no physical way which it can be pulled open by boost. An unlikely event I know, and I even ran mine that way for a while. But according to Forge and design of the valve that's on backwards. :beerchug:

I have been meaning to ask you for a while, your nitrous kit...how much is a refill? And did it make a huge difference to insurance?

Refil is £60 a bottle where I go but can be as dear as £75
It's normally anywhere between £5.50 and £7.50 per lb depending where u get it!
I'm gonna be buying 90lb a time and storing it at a guys house who has a nos station in his garage as it can be right pain to get hold of sometimes
Some of the nos stations are really crap at filling them 2! We put the bottle in a deep freezer over nite to drop the pressure so you can get more in which in turn makes it more aggressive when you crack the bottle
My insurance was 700 all mods declared for me n the mrs FC
I took her off and added the nos it went down to 580 :)

You mean my diverter is on it's side

The thinking behind it being on backwards is that turned round the other way there is no physical way which it can be pulled open by boost. An unlikely event I know, and I even ran mine that way for a while. But according to Forge and design of the valve that's on backwards. :beerchug:

Dude... look again... its not on backwards its on the right way... boost in the side, bottom to TIP...

And sorry mate but putting it on backwards will potentially allow it to be blow open by boost... and you can't pull anything open by boost... only vacuum...

<tuffty/>

Dude... look again... its not on backwards its on the right way... boost in the side, bottom to TIP...

And sorry mate but putting it on backwards will potentially allow it to be blow open by boost... and you can't pull anything open by boost... only vacuum...

<tuffty/>

Haha, it totally is as well.

And yeah, I know that it's push not pull...god knows what I was thinking. I glanced at it and it just looked wrong because I am so used to seeing A3's mounted backwards, and being so far from the TIP and sideways it spun me out. I'll leave now...where did I put my coat?

:hi:

<tuffty/>
I thought it was right !!!!

Do you think what ive done is ok???
Just needed to try something different as I've split 2 standard hoses, they just aren't up to it

I thought it was right !!!!

Do you think what ive done is ok???
Just needed to try something different as I've split 2 standard hoses, they just aren't up to it

Have done similar on BT installs before and is not really any different to running the hoses for a cold side relocation...

<tuffty/>

Last edited:
Went for a Sunday morning B road drive and noticed that I'd lost almost 1 psi !
Pulled over checked all th dv hoses as it had to be one of those as I was messing with them yesterday!
Mmmmmmm no leaks
Drove home and changed it back to the way it was, then took it up the road boost was back to 22.4 psi..... sweet
a65d6324.jpg

Not sure if I did have leak in one the hoses or my car prefers the DV this way round (closer to the tip)........ But this is the it's staying