Front parking sensors

leecool

Reaction score
:sos:Hi guys n gals, I've just washed my 2007 A3 Sportback S-Line, as I have many times. This time my front parking sensors have quit on me! Is it a case of water ingress & I need to let them dry out?
Cheers in advance for any advice!:arco:

How did you wash the car? I jet washed mine a few months ago & knackered my rear sensors. I havent had them fixed yet but i've had a go at blowing round the sensors with an airline but no joy still not working. I never jet wash my car now just use a good old hose with a bucket & sponge.

My car has just been in to have a new sensor fitted, apparently they are a sealed unit so once water gets in it can't get out and ruins the sensor :(

Chris

loudchris53:1455975 said:
My car has just been in to have a new sensor fitted, apparently they are a sealed unit so once water gets in it can't get out and ruins the sensor :(

Chris

This is probably a daft question but here it goes. Can you order the sensor colour coded or do you have to get the colour sorted yourself?

Oh ******! At least i know now. Cheers chris

Oh ******! At least i know now. Cheers chris

You can get them new on ebay and they'll colour them if you give them you're paint code.
I got one a few months ago, just search ebay for your 4 character colour code and you'll find a parking sensor.

Rear ones can be fitted without removing the bumper. All you need is a torch/mirror to get an idea of where it is on the inside and then a small flathead to open the latch on the end of the connector. Had it done in a couple of minutes.

Hi guys, cheers for all your comments & feedback. I did wash my car using a jetwash, but didnt blast the sensors too much.
Got in the car this morning & they were working fine. Water ingress was the problem! Hose pipe again from now on lol!
:blackrs4:

Check the rear of the sensors for water on the connector pins, its probably just this causing a short, once it dries out short removed, also sensors sealed units, supposedly yes, but if so, hows the water getting inside, typical vag spill.

Last edited: