What EBC brake pads? Red or Green Stuff?

Markb

Reaction score
As subject will I get away with Green Stuffs? Or should I run Red Stuffs all round?

It's a 98 1.8T with standard brakes by the way.

Cheers

I've got a set of Green Stuffs & EBC Turbo Grooved discs waiting to go onto my 1.8T (will do it this weekend if it's not raining). I'll let you know how they are.

I ordered them off the EBC web site BTW, and was very impressed by the service. They phoned me back with a couple of hours to confirm my order, and the box turned up the following day. plus there's a discount for ordering online. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

If you're on standard discs I've heard good things about the Pagid fast road pads, and I think they're cheaper than EBC ones. You can get them from German & Swedish ( http://www.gfscarparts.com ).

I need some for my S3 too, i was thinking of ferodo's as they made a huge difference on the type-r civic

My choice would be Pagid Fast Road, they worked well on my GTI and now on my A4.

I had a set of EBC discs once that were so out of true I thought a wheel was out of balance; except it only happened when I braked. Never had that with any other disc so wouldn't use them again.

[ QUOTE ]
I had a set of EBC discs once that were so out of true I thought a wheel was out of balance; except it only happened when I braked. Never had that with any other disc so wouldn't use them again.

[/ QUOTE ]

The instructions say they're very sensitive to the runout, and say if there's more than a tiny amount rotate the disc round one hole & repeat until the runout is within spec. They also make a lot of fuss about cleaning the hub surface to make it true. I get the impression if you don't get this right they're much more likely to warp which is what sounds like happened to yours.

Anyway, will give an update when I've mine on the car... hopefully I won't have the same problem you had!

Markb you should be ok with the greenstuffs, the redstuff are only reccommended for the S3 due to the extra weight/power.

Below 200 bhp go for Greenstuff all round.

Over 200bhp go for Redstuff front and Greenstuff rear.

just got some hawk plus they're awesome! far out brake a set of greenstuff, but green stuff have pretty much no dust, depends how you want it.

car looks good mate whens the nod for some help on the install coming pal bet ya want it in soon

[ QUOTE ]
car looks good mate whens the nod for some help on the install coming pal bet ya want it in soon

[/ QUOTE ]

Need to really get the damage sorted on my car before the install starts, but then I've just been and brought some wheels and I've got a holiday to pay for as well.

I think I need to cut the spending down LOL

I will let you know when I'm going to do it though.