Help 3 door seats

shariain

Reaction score
Website
www.barshargsd.com
I have a 3 door and when I lift the lever to bring the seats forward to get in the back it's only the back part that folds forward the seat doesn't move forward on the runners is it ment to move forward on the runners as well as fold forward.

Sounds like the mechanism is getting stuck. Is it both sides? I've never really had a close look at mine, but i'll have a look later and see if i can see how it works. Sounds like you need to pump the seat right up with the height adjuster and try and get a look underneath.

Lift handle and move the back forward till it clicks, you can then slide it forward. To move it back pull it untill it slides back to its position then lift the handle to move the back part into place!

if you got same problem as mine there is at the back (and botton of chairs) a flap of material on the outside edge part of the seat, pull it off and the cable mechanism is in there. its either come off or a plastic collar has snapped (there so flimsy) so it wont back n forth unless you do it by hand at front!

There seems to be some sort of cable on the runner nearest the door that goes in to the seat but I dont think it is connected to anything in the seat so that might be my problem.

If you lift your handle does the cable operate the lever that it's connected to on the runner to move the seat.

I had a look at the seats and the plastic clips were broken on both seats so I have used 2 cable ties to hold it in place and both are now working so after the Xmas holidays I will be ordering new cable mechanism for both seats. Happy days.

1 get rid had my 3 door a year and it ****** me off
2 get a sportback