Very very confused RE: Concert -> Aftermarket swap!

I had the same popping noise when I installed my aftermarket HU. Have a search about, there is some info about somewhere that gives info about soldering some electrolytic capacitors into the adaptor, basically, you solder a capacitor into the signal to the amp and it solves the problem, it's a basic filter system but works :thumbsup:.
I think the instructions suggest a 15uf capacitor, but I found a 22uf gave me better results ( Im using a JVC unit )

If only I could get past thinking it's like a glorified Nissan Micra. :p

Nah I'm sticking it out with the S3 as I love it, but it ****** me off sometimes ;)

I'll leave the sound system alone and get rid of my equipment for now. I'll wait until I've got some REAL spare time and get myself organised to rip out the whole BOSE ****-system and wire in a complete set of new speakers, amps and a sub, and get a decent head unit.

Will probably be summer now, as I'm paying for my second gearbox swap in this in under a month, thanks to S3DAVE who sold me a dodgy box and has gone quiet.

I had the same popping noise when I installed my aftermarket HU. Have a search about, there is some info about somewhere that gives info about soldering some electrolytic capacitors into the adaptor, basically, you solder a capacitor into the signal to the amp and it solves the problem, it's a basic filter system but works :thumbsup:.
I think the instructions suggest a 15uf capacitor, but I found a 22uf gave me better results ( Im using a JVC unit )

do you have the link for this as i have the that fault and its doing my head in!