Just got S4!

Flat6

Brilliant Black Black edition
Reaction score
I've been deliberating over whether to buy an S3, 147GTA or an S4 for ages now, and after much head scratching I've taken the plunge and got a V-plated S4!
The Alfa was a great drive, fantastic engine etc but depreciation and reliability issues were always on the back of my mind. The great S3 vs S4 debate though was harder to solve, with so many low mileage S3s available and apparently only high mileage S4s. Driving the two I was drawn with the sharper feel of the S3 round the twisties but hate with a passion the characterless 1.8T engine which, coming from a 1.8T Golf I was keen to move away from. The advantage of 4 doors (kids) and lusty motor always tempted me to the S4 but then the fuel consumption is difficult to justify (for something essentially used for going to work & back).

In the end I came across an absolutely mint Silver S4 with only 39k and FASH, which being quite a rarity forced me into a quick decision, and I did it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

I'd have preferred an Avant but you can't have everything I suppose. I paid top dollar but I'm happy with it and it's growing on me more and more as I drive it. Great car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Nice work - good find. I'm sure you'll be nothing but pleased /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Congratulations mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif are you gonna get some pics up soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

Flat6 mate, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

Nice low mileage it has.I bet it almost smells new inside........

Thanks. Sounds, looks & smells the biz! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Didn't appreciate a car full of water yesterday morning though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Must have been sat on my remote whilst eating my breakfast which kindly opened all the windows for me in a torrential downpour! At least leather mops up nicely /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Will post some pics when the weather improves..

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks. Sounds, looks & smells the biz! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Didn't appreciate a car full of water yesterday morning though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Must have been sat on my remote whilst eating my breakfast which kindly opened all the windows for me in a torrential downpour! At least leather mops up nicely /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Will post some pics when the weather improves..

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a common fault, you should get the garage to look at it, I doubt very much you did it.

These are Truvello cameras... and they take pics both sides of the road. Cant detect with equipment as it uses 3 lines on the road to determin your speed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It is a Infrared flash and so does not blind you!! They are generally blue/yellow. That is a bummer... small price to pay for such a lovely car!! I am having the same debate as you now... S3/4... and my reason for not getting a 4... high milesage. You have done well with 39k, how much did you pay dare I ask?

Cross fingers you didnt get nailed with the camera mate :/

I paid just over £13k private. I consider it top money when there are ones under £10k but I honestly don't think I could have found one better no matter how much I'd spent. It really is immaculate (and it's never had any paintwork). Hopefully it'll draw good money one day when I come to sell it as I only do around 8000 miles a year (with the 911 being used alot more in the summer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) so the mileage should remain reasonable on the S4.

With regards to the speed camera, I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I've since found out they've only been installed in the last couple of weeks and may not be working yet (I hope!)

Wow... that sounds like a right bargain!! You did well jumping on that. Where did you find the car>? I just look on autotrader and dont bother anywhere else. Some hints would be appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Congrats, a very good buy!

[ QUOTE ]
Wow... that sounds like a right bargain!! You did well jumping on that. Where did you find the car>? I just look on autotrader and dont bother anywhere else. Some hints would be appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Congrats, a very good buy!

[/ QUOTE ]

I got it out of Autotrader too. Also check out the classifieds on Pistonheads.com There are usually a few on there. Best of luck in finding one.

Nice one m8, although the Avant would have been the real icing on your cake.

Flat6, pics say image no available. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Flat6, pics say image no available. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup... same for me too...

Does this work? I might get the hang of this one day!

56399595f3b7698592939debe7ff997f533ccb7e24ce1b757485429d.jpg

755899447cc939039a9f2ba6724482000dbfab81b6202fd32101f04d.jpg

68633961c3a0fc84403516dd1c8471d0f6b6d2d0ac8c3ad8d04550e1.jpg

Just the same as before.

May be better to post the links to them...

I checked your pics last night and they were there!!! It's a silver S4 on a V plate and there was a light blue golf in the background. I've had a look this morning and there gone???? Strange!!! Just thought i'd let you know they were there and now there not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thanks guys. Can anyone tell me if this works....
826539_7_full.jpg

Lovely looking car there Flat6 and yes, I also approve of the colour mucho lotso! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Cheers

Tim

Yes i can see that pic. Nice one!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Great stuff! Now got the hang of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif Thanks for the comments.

I've spent all weekend refurbishing my wheels. Nice extra bright aluminium silver with lovely 2 pack laquer. They look fantastic and really set the car off now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Will post more pics now I've mastered it!

Kenloen, 20mpg is what I get on my 10 mile commute, which is 90% open roads at 40-50mph (not much stop-start). It's only the last mile or so when I end up sat in traffic. The same drive in my old 1.8T Golf could easily see me average over 35mpg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif