1.8T to S4 clutch upgrade questions

Great. Thanks!
The costs of shipping and customs will kill all the fun as they will add abou 350-400$
Still on the edge though....420 nm was the dyno read running on 1.5 bar. Now at 1.8 it`s kinda close.
What about the rs4 b5 kit on a sm flywheel? I`m thinking of somehow replicateing the ecs kit by redrilling an audi 80 flywheel all over again as i think the one made on the s2 pattern will not fit
An other ideea is to get an rs4 b5 disk...would this work? As i guess there is enough clamping force on the lt\ s2 plate

Last edited:
The ecs flywheel is apparently a full custom job its not based on any flywheel from the vag range and i dont think the 1Z flywheel can be modded to the same spec, the rs4 clutch is ideal but then ive heard the ecs flywheel isn't the best bit of kit, the rs4 friction disc is similar to the S4 V8 one i have with the LT plate rated to about 350 torque iirc

I dont think 350-400$ will be right i got the frankenturbo kit for $1100 and it was around £180 import duties and tax so brought the kit in at around £950 delivered !!

You could always go to the stage 4 or 5 clutch ?? Part numbers ar SA234 and SA235 iirc but the stage 5 must be used with there flywheel apparently ??