national windscreens

jezzy

Reaction score
ok i have an audi s3 2000.
my windscreen got a crack, so i rang the insurance company and they sent out national windscreens to fit a new screen at my work.

I couldnt be there so one of my work mates went out and gave the guy the keys and insurance docs.
The fitter went round the car with my mate and noticed a scratch on the bumper and the A pillar which i knew about.
Anyway i comes back to the car to inspect the screen.
Hes scratched my bonnet and dented it aswell.
so i ring them up and complain as you do. they came out the next day to inspect the car.
Guy turns up and sees the scratchs and dent and says he thinks they were there before. he takes a picture of the damage.
i tell him i had the car cleaned before they turned up to do they work and the car was dry before i got to work and there wasnt any damage so his firm must have done the damage.
This guy says the fitter should have inspected the car better and they will have to repair it.
So i think ok as long as they repair it no probs.
Two days later the manager rings and says they are refusing to repair the damage because the damage was there before.
He says the the car was wet and the fitter wrote down the damage on the paperwork and my mate signed.
my mate says no chance he didnt sign any damage to the bonnet.
The paperwork i have says the car was dry and no damage is listed any where on the car.
any way my washer jets werent working and went out today and had a look.
the pipe work to the jets hadnt been connected back up and the clear plastic were the vin number is has been cracked and ripped off.
DONT LET THIS COMPANY NEAR YOUR CAR THEYVE ALTERED THERE PAPERWORK AND DID A BODGE JOB
My insurance company are coming to inspect my car and damage.

Must say i too had a bad experience with them too, on another vehicle, they 'hacked' the inside trim to bits inside the windscreen to help get it the old windscreen out. Denied it outright.

I will never use these guys but if I have to I will watch him.

my dad had to have new head liner after they damaged it fitting his new screen.
my mate went through 4 screens, 2 clips, 1 mirror and two trips to the body shop.

I need a new screen and my dad needs another one, I'm scared who I get.

does any one know if we can refuse them?

I work in the trade and yes you can refuse a certain company but some insurance companies will double your excess as they are contracted and get them significantly cheaper. National windscreens are a franchise so they aren't all bad.

the cowboys who did mine were out of croydon london.
arent they supposed to use protective covers when working on a car?
On mine they didnt bother. im sure some are very professional and do a great job.
im hoping my insurance company drop this lot when they see the damage, its obvious they did they did the damage.
why bother trying to alter the paperwork? did they think i would drop it and go away.
i just dont want other members to be treated this way.