Chip poll - Whos have you got?

Sport or SE?

• Total voters
I went for Revo because they were near by and offer the switchability. Did have some running problems at first but I think this was partly due to a split vacuum hose. I now have an SPS which has helped loads.

Got my jabba chip in march well happy no probs and they got my 1.8t up to 213bhp.

AmD all the way - by far the best service and products around at the moment :)

Jabba?

Are Jabba still trading - it looks like their web site Jabbasport.com?

Has lost it's domain name? Am i looking in the wrong place?

revo'd mine, but as an early agu only get to just under the 200 mark, but bigger turbo and intercooler will sort that out.
got bill from badger5 to do it, got to be honest got nothing but praise for the guy, know's what he's doing and you only have to look at his ibiza and old mk4 to see that

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I know there is always an exception but I won;t be going there. I spoke with one of the guys about a Milltek system and they were so rude and had absolutely no interest in service or me as a customer. Their loss.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I know there is always an exception but I won;t be going there. I spoke with one of the guys about a Milltek system and they were so rude and had absolutely no interest in service or me as a customer. Their loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really......... I had the same when I called about the Re-Map on my S-Line.

I used Star Performance in Fife. Went for the DualSystem box (it's the same box as OneClick) and had it tweaked by Jim on the rollers too.

Fantastic service and knowledge by Jim and his staff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

BUB

Jabba for me,get mike to do it ,best 1.8t tuners in the uk in my experience.

Mines a V6 quattro and i have a Jabba aswell, never had it on the rollers though so aint got a clue about power figures...

Mine is booked in for a remap at jabba on friday. Cant wait. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

am trying to get my A6 chipped but can't find the no. for AMD - have checked in google, but nothing.

Does anyone have it or a link?

thanks

Here you go........... AMD

As you're in Leeds though - Why not pop up to Star ?

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

surely, the remap vendor is only important if you buy a generic map. If you go for a custom map then, agreed, it will be based upon the generic, but the real skills are down to the operator on the day...

can anyone also comment on the best time of year to you have your car remapped, especially standard ones (i.e. no fmic or cooling mods). I'd have thought that the ambient temperatures would affect any map and BHP gains (and hence its drivability). Ideally i suppose a normal (haha, define normal) day would be best?

Well pleased with the results from Jabba. 277.7bhp and 416.6nm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Why not pop up to Star ?

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I did that, but I didn't travel as far as you, Bub. Top notch service at Star and the car flies now. Really smooth remap too.

Had mine Superchip'd a couple of years ago by Autotechnics in Gillingham, Dorset. Very pleased with it and had no problems.

booked in at jabba,got to wait till may though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif cant wait to see the difference.

New to the forum, so apologies if I'm in the wrong place, but I've got a Coupe 2.3 20v. Does anyone know of a good chip for this? I'm looking for other parts as well at the moment, such as induction kit, stainless tubular manifold from an early Coupe Quattro and stainless exhaust.

Thank you.

chipped-uk in bromsgrove,they use dimtech software which i think is the same as jabba but only charged £225,included a before and after run on the rollers,did a brilliant job on my 130 tdi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

revo, because it was local, but i hear mrc is the way to go, so when my ko4's are fitted it a mrc custom remap

id say jabba sport a my car running top after my chip in march, my mates occy vrs been there twice for remaps also a few or my mates 1.8t a3s. plus they aint 2 far from leicester! was gunno take it to ultimate velocity but i have been told they dont know what they doing with remmaping a german motor.

Just had my tdi remapped at Ashford Motorsport in Dover, Kent with a Revo map, and once again transformed the car.

Saw a Fabia vRS there too with 205bhp, and 300ftlbs - was clocked at Bruntingthorpe at 158mph!! Allegedly the quickest/fastest Fabia in the UK.

Hi Guys

I saw somewhere that some people remove the veins or grid from the MAF tube.
Just wanted to know whether this would improve flow and if there would be any negative resultant effect.
I would imagine it should improve flow drastically just by looking at how much obstruction you would be taking out????

Cheers

Passatman said:
Hi Guys

I saw somewhere that some people remove the veins or grid from the MAF tube.
Just wanted to know whether this would improve flow and if there would be any negative resultant effect.
I would imagine it should improve flow drastically just by looking at how much obstruction you would be taking out????

Cheers
Hi
IIRC the veins are there to aid with vortesece (spelling oh my life)
So it can make the air flow worse
Sorry
Sarah

what is the best company to use for remapping an A6 3.0 TDi Quattro Tiptronic?
I have been looking at the following:
MTM: 285 BHP and 525 Nm but quite expensive
AMD: more or less the same
Superchips: 260+ BHP and 520+ Nm but very reasonably priced

Are superchips OK or should I spend the money with MTM ?

find the negative service comments (above) about AmD very surprising? i've had nothing but 1st class service, 25 yrs old turned up in jeans an a t-shirt! always bothering them with trivial sh*t but talked through everything pros AND cons not just out ta raid my wallet!:thumbsup:
she was revo'd when i took her to AmD for more work, suspension, brakes, exhaust etc i requested a remap as she was ruf as **** but they replaced my Airflow meter an said there were happy with revo's numbers, rolling roaded her for free just to check shes been fine since?
first name terms with staff, very friendly

Turbochip. See separate thread in diesel forum. 12 months and 44k miles down the line no problems. Only frustration no power curves but going to Star Performance in Feb for a cambelt and a rolling road run. Claim 210hp, we shall see.