A4 Servicing on TDI diesel

joro

Reaction score
Just bought a 2005 A4 B7 2.0 ltre TDI with 19,000 miles on the clock and was wondering what the recommended service plan was on it ? ie filters, filters, fluids and cam belt ?

If the mileage is right great find. I'd get belt and pump done now if original. Think it's 75k or 5 years. Oil every 10k or year. Pollen every 20k or 2 years. Fuel 40k or 4 years. Air every 60k or 6 years are recommended intervals. I'd do all filters every 40k or 4 years

19,000 in over 6 years!!! That's not good for a diesel engine at all.
I'm sure the service book gives a mileage/age limit on certain service points, just go through it and see what needs doing. Obviously you'll be looking at the calendar limits more than the mileage.

If the mileage is right great find. I'd get belt and pump done now if original. Think it's 75k or 5 years. Oil every 10k or year. Pollen every 20k or 2 years. Fuel 40k or 4 years. Air every 60k or 6 years are recommended intervals. I'd do all filters every 40k or 4 years

I've just noticed what you wrote, "air filter every 60k". I do mine every 10k and it's filthy then, it'd be blocked at 60k. Is that what Audi recommend??? I do all the filters (except fuel) every 10k.

I used to work for Audi until march this year and those are the recommended intervals. I'd never let an air filter do 60k but Audi variable servicing is a bit odd. I do a full service on mine every year. Oil pollen and plugs. Clean out my k&n panel.

Hi Nathan,
Yes mate, 19,000 genuine miles. Was a bit dubious myself, so had the car gold checked through a mate with DVLA and no history with any insurance claims. Came back all clear.

Akoya Silver with Audi bluetooth fitted...Might do some mods later on .

Where has the car been? It's not the sort of car someone keeps in a shed and only comes out on a Sunday. You sure it couldn't have been clocked?

The first owner was an old guy who bought it from new and did just over 8,500 in 5 years. Like I said all the paper work and service history tallys . He probably did just bring it out on Sundays to take him and the Mrs out for coffee mornings at the local church. ha ha

John