Noises !

barachello

Reaction score
2003 1.9tdi sport

When driving and I take my foot off the accelerator and then press it again, I get a clunk sound. It happens when I put my foot bac onto the accelerator after changing gear.

Could it be an engine mount ?

Also, I have lately started hearing a rubbing/metal on metal type sound when I am braking to a stop and turning the wheel at the same time. It does not happen all the time, and only when the car is stopping.

Can anyone point me in the correct directiosn to investigate ?

thanks

2003 1.9tdi sport

When driving and I take my foot off the accelerator and then press it again, I get a clunk sound. It happens when I put my foot bac onto the accelerator after changing gear.

Could it be an engine mount ?

Also, I have lately started hearing a rubbing/metal on metal type sound when I am braking to a stop and turning the wheel at the same time. It does not happen all the time, and only when the car is stopping.

Can anyone point me in the correct directiosn to investigate ?

thanks

I have the same problem when hitting the acceleration whilst the car is moving however when stationary and revving slightly it doesn't come.

I THINK it could be the gearbox mount maybe....

I had thought of that as it does not make the noise when the clutch is in.

Also thought it may be the exhaust, but have checked it.

Went out for another look and found that the passenger side front hub is 'loose', as in with the wheel on, or off it can be rocked back and forward.

Is this indicative of a faulty wheel bearing?

Also, the front drivers side strut top mount rubber is squealing when the wheels are turned and it is moving .

Right, i have both of the above issues. For the knock on acceleration im fairly sure its a gearbox mount, im hoping it is anyway. Ive already changed the dogbone mount for a red powerflex one and it helped a bit but not fully.

The loose wheel and scraping noise on my count was a loose hub nut. It scared the bejeasus out of me when I realised my wheel was only held on by litterally a few threads. Scary stuff, and weird as I never messed with the nut before, it just undid itself. I bought a new nut (as the old one wont tighten properly again) and its been sweet since.

Thanks for the reply.

What size is the hubnut?

Also, whereabouts is the gearbox mount so I can check it?

Thanks