Boost fluctuation now car is chipped. Any ideas?

B5QUAT

Reaction score
Hi,

Had my car chipped the other week and am really pleased with the performance hike for the money. The car is now bossting 18-20psi and goes really well.....on full throttle.

When on part throttle you can't let the car go over 4-5 psi because as soon as it does the boost wangs up and down like you are kangarooing on and off the throttle.On WOT it's fine and doesn't do it. It's quite irritating because you can't feed the throttle in in the same way as you would with the standard car and you are left with an accelerator pedal that's more like a light switch, either on or off.

Any ideas on what is causing this and how if at all it can be rectified?

I dont think theres anything wrong with it being an off the shelf chip. Its just a BAD off the shelf chip!

Who did it?

Thing about off the shelf is you don't know until it's done.

Best thing to do here would be go back to whoever it came from and see what they say.

I dont think theres anything wrong with it being an off the shelf chip. Its just a BAD off the shelf chip!

Who did it?

Company called Advanced Tuning. It was the closest mobile tuner to me when I googled Audi remap. I might give them a call and see what they say.