Light on CD Changer --- always on

jjchomsky

Reaction score
Hello all ,
I have the AUDI A3 SPBack SE + SatNav+ and the CD changer (glove). It seems that my CD changer is always on (the lights on it) before i turn on the engine. Does this make sense, or is it always on a live feed?

The only reason why i noticed is due to AUDI installing a hands free kit, and not doing a very good job at the moment... (HCB-300), due to cabling.

help as always much appreciated

james

The light is always on on my cd changer in the glove box as well.... makes it handy when loading/unloading cd's when the ignition isn't on!!

cheers for that, your right, i was simply concerned over battery issues...but if it is a build in feature, ...

Maybe its like the Symphony II head unit where the CD gets loaded into the unit when you unlock the car and get in, before the key is in the ignition.

When the car is locked the light is out???

I retro fitted mine with the correct Audi lead etc. The lights only come on when key is in ignition and turned to position 1. Same as radio / CD.

Don't think you should have a permanent live feed !

Since it is in the glove compartment, i assumed that the light comes on with the internal lights of the car. Will have to check again with car locked.

thanks guys
j

I have an A3 2.0 TDI and I just checked the operation of the lights on my Audi glovebox mounted factory fit CD player.

When the ignition is off the lights on the CD player are off. If I pess the button on the Concert II unit to switch the radio/CD on, the lights on the CD player come on even if the ignition is off. When I turn the ignition on the lights on the CD player come on. Turn the car lights on when the ignition is off brings on all the console and radio lights but not the lights on the CD player.

I hope you can all follow that.....

Cheers Dave.

That seems the same as mine, so it looks like I was lucky when I fitted it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I retro fitted mine with the correct Audi lead etc. The lights only come on when key is in ignition and turned to position 1. Same as radio / CD.

Don't think you should have a permanent live feed !

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here (although I have since fitted a sony MP3 6 cd changer in the glovebox instead).
Pretty sure the lights come on with the head unit power?

I have 6 cd in the glovebox with SatNav+ and the lights on the fron to fthe cd unit are always on (dealer fitted, as the factory forgot to when I first go the car).

Mine is factory fit and the lights seem to be on all the time for the slots that have cds in them.